Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Grayson was doing a lot better, though he was still having his side effects. He wasn't feeling so sick that he couldn't concentrate, but he was still feeling sick.

Thalia normally hung out with us at lunch and she was a nice girl. She was constantly smiling at everyone, telling jokes, and even sharing some of her lunch when Belle was still complaining that she was hungry but she didn't want to buy more lunch.

"And that is the end of this chapter," Tony said as he finished up a slideshow. "We'll have a test tomorrow, then start chapter two. No homework today because I want everyone to study instead."

Grayson snorted. "Yeah, like I study."

The class chuckled, causing Tony to raise an eyebrow. "Oh, does everyone think that's funny? Fine. I want everone to do questions one to six on page twelve for homework."

Everyone glared at Grayson and not wanting him to be the cause of everyone's anger -though it was their fault for laughing- I raised my hand. "Mr. McCormick, I don't have time for homework. You see, I'm having a dinner with my family and my boyfriend's family and my brother, who doesn't live with us, is coming over."

Tony narrowed his eyes at me. "Well, I'm sure you would have plenty of time to do your homework. Afterall, my sister has never missed her homework. You could follow her example."

I was not giving up on this. "But your sister might have something important to do. Like maybe something with her boyfriend."

"And how would you know if my sister has a boyfriend?" Tony asked.

I shurgged. "I bet her boyfriend is really attractive."

Tony sighed. "You know what? No homework tonight." I smiled successfully. Rarely does Tony ever win an argument against me.

~*~

       "Alright, what was that?" Thalia asked when she sat down at our table at lunch. "I had never seen someone argue with a teacher and win without getting in trouble."

       "Let's just say I have a secret weapon," I said. If Tony didn't agree, I would pull the ever-so wonderful 'Daddy' card.

       "I still can't believe you were able to get us out of homework," Thalia said. "But, uh.....was it really smart to talk about how attractive you bet his sister's boyfriend is when you have a boyfriend?"

       Grayson looked up from his lunch. "Oh, it's fine. It's an inside joke."

       Thalia furrowed her eyebrows. "So it's fine that you're girlfriend was talking about how attractive our teacher's sister's boyfriend is?" Why was she calling me out on that? Grayson said it was fine. Besides, Tony's sister's boyfriend was my boyfriend.

       "Thalia, I said it's fine," Grayson said. "Besides, I bet our teacher's sister is very attractive. So attractive that she gives me a....."

       Grayson didn't even have to finish what he was going to say. "Gross!" I said, punching his shoulder.

       "It's not gross," he said. "It's part of life."

       "Are you sure you two are dating?" Thalia asked. "I mean, Poppy is talking about how attractive a guy is and Grayson is talking about how attractive our teacher's sister is. That's.....that's not normal."

       Belle chuckled. "If you knew the inside joke, you'd be laughing."

       "Poppy McCormick," I said. "That's my full name."