Chapter 5

Chapter 5

       I never knew why I still took biology, after I told my mom I never wanted to be a doctor. I hated dissecting things and that was exactly what we were going to do on Monday morning. To make things worse, Tony never warned me about it. According to him, he wasn't going to tell me anything in advance to be fair.

       Grayson still had a hard time sleeping, but he told me it was just a side effect of the anti-depressant.

       "Babe, can you get my water bottle from my bag?" Grayson asked, his head resting on his desk. "Please?"

       I reached into his backpack and pulled out his water bottle. "Here," I said, placing his water bottle on his desk. "How are you feeling?"

       "Horrible," he said, sitting up to drink from his water bottle. After he took a very long sip, he closed it and rested his head back on the desk. "I feel sick but I can't go home. I already missed too much school."

       Mine and Grayson's desks were put side by side, so I didn't have to reach far to begin rubbing his back. Recently, he had been feeling very nauseous, one of another side effect of the anti-depressant.

       The bell to start class finally rang and at that moment, a girl I hadn't seen before walked in and went to Tony. They talked for a bit before Tony stood up and cleared his throat. "Class, we have a new student. This is Thalia Scott. Thalia, you can sit in any empty seat. We don't have a seating chart." Thalia nodded before sitting down in the front row. "Alright, so we will be heading to the lab today to begin dissecting. You're lab partners are the ones I assigned to you on Friday. Belle and Mindy, Thalia will be joining you two." Tony looked at Grayson, whose head was still resting on his desk. "Can everyone head over to the lab? I'll be there soon? And Poppy, I'll need you to stay. Same with your lab partner."

       Everyone got up from the desk and went out of the class as Tony made his way over to Grayson and I. "Grayson," Tony said. "Are you feeling okay?"

       "Just dandy," Grayson said in a sarcastic tone. He raised his head, his eyes bloodshot and bags under them. I felt bad that he hadn't been able to sleep.

       "Do you need to go home?" Tony asked.

       Grayson shook his head. "Can't. I already missed too many days. I'll be fine."

       "If you say so," Tony said. "Let's go to the lab now."

       The three of us headed to the lab where the rest of the class was waiting. When Tony unlocked it, Grayson and I headed over to our regular lab table. Immediately, Grayson rested his head on the table with a groan. Poor guy.

       Unfortunately for us, we were going to disect a frog. Grayson and I were supposed to do it last ear, but he got us kicked out of class so we wouldn't have to do it. However, since my brother was now the teacher, I knew he wouldn't kick us out.

       When Tony placed the frog we would be dissecting in front of us, Grayson gagged. "God, that smells disgusting."

       "Just wear noseplugs," I told him.

       "I'm not going to wear noseplugs," Grayson snapped. "I'll look like a damn idiot."

        "Since when did you care about how you look?" I asked. "There should only be one girl's opinion that you care about and trust me when I tell you that she doesn't care. Besides, everyone will look ridiculous once we put on our gloves and goggles."

       Tony finished handing out the frogs to everyone and went to the teacher's lab table, which had a projector screen so we could see closesly what they did. "Alright, class," he said. "Just follow my instructions carefully. We don't want any mishaps."