Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"You ready?" Grayson asked with a smile.

I looked out the window of his parked car before looking back at him. "I know the front door is literally two feet away, but I'm not going out there."

"What's a bit of rain, anyway?" he asked as he took off his seatbelt.

I raised an eyebrow. "A bit of rain? Grayson, it's pouring!"

"Nothing says Christmas like pouring rain," Grayson said. "Come on, get out."

I sighed, taking off my seatbelt as Grayson opened his door. I immediately heard the sound of rain against the pavement, which made me even more reluctant to get out. However, I opened the door and got out before walking as fast as I could, though it wasn't fast at all since I got out of surgery two days ago. On the bright side, I was released from the hospital early Christmas morning.

Grayson pulled his house keys out of the pocket, taking his sweet time unlocking the door. Both of my parents weren't at home; my dad had a morning shift at the hospital and Mom had to run to a grocery store that was open on Christmas for last minute ingredients. And Tony wasn't coming over until ten. It was only a little bit past nine.

"Would you hurry?" I asked. "I'm getting soaking wet!"

Grayson finally unlocked the front door and opened the door, letting me go in first. I was already drenched from the rain, as was Grayson. It didn't really matter since I was going to get changed anyway. The clothes I was wearing was the one I wore on the 23rd when I went to the hospital.

Grayson and I headed to our rooms to get changed. I quickly picked out some warm clothes and put them on. By the time I was changed, Grayson walked in my room wearing only a pair of jeans. "Flower, do you happen to have any of my shirts?" he asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"All of mine are dirty," he said. "Not to mention I barely had any to start off with."

I opened my pajama drawer, pulling out one of his shirts that I normally slept in. He walked over to me and I held it out for him. When both our hands were holding the shirt, my eyes moved to his chest where I saw something I hadn't seen before.

I traced my finger over his new tattoo, which was right over his heart. "This new?"

"Yeah," Grayson said softly. He had another tattoo; one at the back of his neck. It was a pair of angel wings with one being light and the other being dark. He got it when he was fifteen.

"I like it," I said with a small smile. It was a simple tattoo, but what it was made me smile.

It was a poppy.

I reached up, pulling him down towards me before pressing my lips on his. Grayson was absolutely amazing. I loved him so much and I was so happy that I was with him.

Grayson and I pulled away, smiling at each other. "Merry Christmas, Flower," Grayson said.

"Merry Christmas, Grayson," I replied. "Now put on your shirt."

"Oh, and I thought you liked seeing me shirtless," Grayson teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Just put it on. My mom should be home soon and you know she doesn't like you going around shirtless. She thinks it distracts her daughter."

"That's because it does," Grayson said as he pulled on his shirt. "You find me hella attractive."

"Yeah, you really don't have to point that out," I said, taking his hand and pulling him downstairs to the kitchen. "My mom loves baking a lot of food on Christmas before everyone arrives, so I thought we could start for her."