Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"No," Grayson said, shaking his head. "Absolutely not."

I frowned, leaning against the hood of his car. "Come on. It will be fun."

"Cut me that crap, Poppy," Grayson said. "I am not going to a stupid Halloween dance at this school. I don't do costumes."

"Grayson, please?" I asked. "I don't want to go alone and we could enter to win the best couple costume."

Grayson stared at me for a bit before snorting. "I'm not going. Dances are stupid. Costumes are stupid."

"Please?" I asked again, stepping towards him and resting my hand on his chest. My other hand moved to the back of his neck, twirling my fingers in his sandy blond hair. Grayson bit his lip, shoving his hands into his pockets. He was trying his best not to cave in, I could tell.

"No," he said, his voice cracking a bit.

I reached up, pressing a kiss on the corner of his mouth.

Grayson groaned. "I swear, someday you're going to be the death of me."

"Is that a yes?" I asked.

"Alright, fine," he said. "Sometimes, I have no idea...." I interrupted him, and thanked him, by pressing my lips to his. He removed his hands from his pocket and wrapped them around my back, pulling me closer.

And at that same time, I pulled away. "Thank you."

"Yeah, whatever," Grayson said. "Now for the love of God, give me a proper thank you kiss."

I rolled my eyes, pulling him towards me as our lips connected. I knew Grayson hated school dances as much as he hated costumes because according to him, he didn't do 'dress-up'. So having him agree to going to the school's Halloween dance in two weeks made me love him even more.

Grayson placed his strong hands on my hips, lifting me up and sitting me on the hood of his car.

"You're so irresistible," Grayson murmured against my lips. "I don't know how I can say no to you."

"You can't," I said, giving him another kiss. "You love me too much."

"That, I do," Grayson said. He leaned down to kiss me again, but he was interrupted by the first bell of the day. "That stupid bell."

I hopped off his car, intertwining my hand with his and pulling him inside the school. Tony wouldn't appreciate me being late because I was too busy kissing my boyfriend. He would probably separate us in class and change our lab partners.

After getting our stuff, we went to the biology class room and got there literally a second before the bell rang.

Tony told everyone to begin reading chapter three from our textbook, then write all the definitions of the chapter's terms. Too much work for me, but whatever.

Grayson pushed our desks together, receiving a glare from my brother, but he ignored it. "I'm just going to copy off you," Grayson said. "I'll consider it as payment for me going to the stupid dance."

"Come on," I said with an eye roll, opening my textbook to chapter three. "It will be fun."

"So long as your costume is a nurse."

Annoyed, I punched his shoulder. "Don't even go there. I'm not going to be one of those girls who were provocative clothing on Halloween because I can get away with it."