Chapter 3

Here's a picture of Tony.

Chapter 3

"Grayson," Tony said, standing beside Grayson's desk with his arms crossed. Grayson didn't reply, keeping his head rested on his desk. "Grayson." Still no reply. "Grayson!"

That got Grayson to sit up quickly, rubbing his eyes before he looked at Tony. I couldn't help but notice the bags under his eyes. "What?"

"Can you give me the answer to the question?" Tony asked.

".....What was the question?"

Tony sighed. "And this is why you listen in class. So you could learn. That's what school is for, isn't it. School isn't a place for sleeping."

"If school isn't a place for sleeping, then home isn't a place for homework," Grayson said, causing the class to chuckle.

Tony raised an eyebrow, leaning closer to Grayson. "You think you're a funny guy?" he asked. "Let's see how funny detention is after school."

The class Oohed and Grayson's detention. Grayson just sighed before resting his head on his desk. He seemed extremely tired.

When class ended, Grayson told me that he was going to head home, claiming he was too tired to concentrate. I gave him a hug, telling him to get some rest.

Once everyone else was gone, I walked over to Tony. "Grayson's heading home," I said. "Don't expect him to show up for detention. Can you do me a favor and go easy on him?"

"Poppy," Tony said with a sigh. "I can't show favorites just because my sister goes to this school."

"I'm not asking you to go easy because you are my brother," I objected. "Something is going on with Grayson. I don't know if he's just tired or something else is going on, but it's affecting him a lot. Just yesterday, he called me Poppy."

Tony gasped dramatically. "Oh no. He called you by your name."

"You know he only calls me Flower," I reminded. "The only times he calls me by my name is if he's mad and he wasn't mad yesterday."

"Okay, I'll go easy on him," Tony said. "But only in class. If he gets in a fight or anything like that, I'm going to have to give him a detention."

"Thank you," I said. "I'll try to find out what's going on with him."

Honestly, I hated being at school without Grayson. Belle was still here, but Grayson was m partner in crime. Well, crime in GTA V at least. But we were always together at school.

It finally ended with Henry being a jerk like always. I had to ignore him, but it was really hard. His ego was too high.

I waited outside for Tony to finish inside. My dad used to pick me up but since my brother was a teacher, he drove me home every day when Grayson couldn't.

"Can you drive me to Grayson's?" I asked Tony once he came out of the school. "I want to make sure he's okay and I have some homework for him."

Tony nodded as we walked to his car. Grayson lived with his mom an little sister. He used to live with his dad and brother but due to complications, he moved on with his mom.

Tony parked in front of Grayson's house. I thanked him before getting out of the car and knocking on the door. Grayson's mom, Gertrude, answered it with a smile. "Hi, Poppy," she said, stepping aside to let me in. "Grayson's upstairs. Just a heads up that he's in a bad mood."

I thanked her as I headed upstairs to Grayson's room. He was laying on his bed, his arms rested over his eyes. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," Grayson muttered, keeping his eyes covered. 'What are you doing here?"

I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. "I wanted to make sure you were okay. You were really tired today."

"I didn't get that much sleep," Grayson told me.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. "Want to play some GTA?"

"No," Grayson said.

Something was definitely wrong. Grayson would jump at the chance to play any video game, even if he was tired. "Are you sick?" I asked.

"I'm fine, Poppy," Grayson said. "I just have a headache."

I sighed and knelt down beside the bed, feeling his forehead. He wasn't warm, so I didn't think he was sick. But something was up. Sure, he was always in a bad mood, but he was never like this before, even with a headache.

"Are you sure you're fine?" I asked. "I'm really worried."

"I'm positive," Grayson said. "I just have a headache and I'm tired."

"Okay," I said. "I should be heading home, then." I stood up and walked out of his bedroom door, the feeling growing even worse. I was being overly attached of anything, but he always wanted me to stay at his house. There was a few times I returned home after curfew because he prevented me from leaving.

Gertrude was in the kitchen, making dinner. "Is Grayson okay?" I asked. "He seems a bit off."

"I'm not sure," Gertrude said. "He's been like that for a few days. He won't talk to anyone about it."

"It's nothing serious, right?" I asked, hoping that it wasn't.

Gertrude shook her head. "No, not that I know of. I think it's just stress from school. It's grade twelve."

"True," I said. "Well, I should be heading home."

"Do you need a ride?" she asked.

"No, my house isn't that far, I could walk," I said. "Thanks for the offer, though." Gertrude was a really nice woman. When Grayson was thirteen, Gertrude left his family because her husband was being abusive and she didn't want to handle it, yet she left Grayson to get abused. However, when she came back, she took Grayson away once she learned that Grayson was sent to the hospital because he was beaten so bad.

I left Grayson's house and headed to mine. I enjoyed the refreshing twenty minute walk as it really helped me clear most of my mind. The part it wasn't able to clear was the part that was worrying about Grayson.

When I got home, I went straight to my bedroom to work on my homework. Mom didn't like it when I procrastinated and did my homework before I went to bed.

After I finished my homework, I got something to eat before heading to bed with one thing on my mind: Find out what was going on with Grayson.

_______________

It's short, I know. This chapter was just showing that Grayson actually isn't fine, as oppose to what he said last chapter. I'll try to get another chapter up before I got out of town on Wednesday.