Chapter 37

Here's a picture of the necklace Grayson gave Poppy in the last chapter. (:

Chapter 37

       If there was one thing I knew about Grayson, it was that he was extremely lazy. When he suggested that we go to the beach the day before we had to go back to school, I thought we would actually have fun. You know, walk around while eating ice cream, swim in the ocean, not be lazy.

       As soon as we got to the beach, we laid our stuff on the sand and Grayson immediately laid on his towel, resting his arm over his eyes. "Wake me in an hour," he muttered.

       I sighed and laid down beside him, though he kept his eyes covered. "I thought we were going to do something," I said.

       "We are," Grayson said. "In an hour. When I wake up."

       I sighed, deciding to let him have a short nap. I pulled out a book from my bag and began reading. I wasn't that big of a reader, but I did read when I went out somewhere and had nothing else to do. And considering Grayson was being lazy, I had nothing to do.

       After about ten minutes, I heard Grayson snoring quietly. That boy could fall asleep anyway, no matter how loud the place was. Once, he fell asleep during the pep rally we had and that was loud.

       Feeling even more bored, I put my book back in my bag and grabbed a water bottle from the cooler bag we brought filled of food. I finished abut half of the bottle before getting an idea.

       I scooted closer to Grayson, still able to hear his admittedly adorable snores. Without second-thinking, I dumped the thankfully cold water on his face, making him sit up and sputter the water out of his mouth. I gave him a smile when he looked at me. "Oh, you're so dead," he said, quickly standing up.

       I hurried over to the ocean, which was a bad idea because I still had a sundress on over my bikini and Grayson decided to be a wonderful boyfriend and tackle me into the water. "Grayson!"

       "Oh, I'm sorry," Grayson said sarcastically with a smug smile. "I never knew you didn't want to get wet."

       "You could have waited until I only had my swimsuit on," I pointed out, standing up from the water. Now my dress was soaking wet.

       "It's fine, I always have extra clothes, remember?" Grayson asked, standing up as well. He peeled off his shirt and squeezed the water out of it. "Well, that's enough water for me today."

       "Really?" I asked. "But we're at the beach for a reason."

       "Yes, to relax before school starts," Grayson pointed out. "I'm actually kind of hungry, so let's eat our food."

       I sighed, following him back to our towels. I took off my dress to let it dry faster, which wouldn't be a problem if Grayson waited for me to be in only my swimsuit. Then again, I should have done that before dumping water on Grayson.

       Grayson and I sat on our blankets and he set the cooler bag in front of us. After eating a few snacks, Grayson laid back down, resting his arms under his head. "I missed this," he said.

       "Missed what?" I asked.

       "Being able to relax at the beach," he said. "We haven't done it since before the crash. It was nice to get out."

       I laid down on my stomach, propping myself up on my elbows. "I know. And thank you, for helping me get through all of that. You literally did everything for me and I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend."