Chapter 26

Chapter 26

       "Babe, I'm bored," Grayson whined for what seemed like the hundredth time. Every minute, he said those three words and every minute, I was getting irritated.

       "You're always bored," I pointed out.

       Grayson sighed dramatically and placed his arm over his eyes. "....Just one game?"

       "No," I said. "Your wrist is still sprained and knowing you, you'll injure it more just by playing video games. You can continue watching me play."

       "But you suck."

       I raised an eyebrow and looked at Grayson, who was sprawled across the couch with his head rested in my lap. "Have I ever told you how nice you are?" I asked sarcastically.

       "I know, thank you," he said, removing his arm from over his eyes and looking up at me. "Please? I'll love you forever."

       "You know, that never works because you already do love me forever," I said.

       "Playing the game won't hurt my wrist more," Grayson said. "Besides, you've been stuck forever. I can offer my assistance."

       I sighed, knowing he was not going to shut up at all. Besides, it wasn't like he was going to break his wrist just by playing a game. "Alright, whiner. One game."

       Grayson smiled, sitting up and taking the controller from my hands. "Thank you, Flower. Now watch the master beat this part for you."

       I did watch. And he did not beat it. Right when he was at the end of the part I was stuck on, Grayson moved his wrist the wrong way. Whenever he plays games, he moves his hands too much, and this time, it hurt him a lot.

       Grayson dropped the controller, grabbing his wrist as he hissed a string of profanities.

       "Are you done?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at his colorful language.

       Grayson, his face twisted in pain, looked at me. "Seriously? You could at least ask I'm okay."

      "It's not like you broke it," I said. "And you're the one who was begging me to play."

      "It still hurts," Grayson said. "You could be more sympathetic about it."

       Recently, Grayson has been going through mood-swings. One minute he was all happy and annoying me for the fun of it. The next, he was snapping at me or being really cranky. I was trying my best to go along with his flow of mood-swings, but it was so exhausting.

       "Grayson, are you okay?" I asked.

       "It's too late to ask that," Grayson snapped. "God, it hurts."

       I sighed and stood up. "I'll go get the ice."

       Right before I was about to walk passed him, Grayson grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me back down on the couch. "No, it's fine. I'm sorry. I've just been stressed recently. Between my depression and the fact that my family won't stop calling me, I....I don't know. I'm sorry."

       "It's fine," I said. "As much as I hate you snapping at me, I do understand. Do you need ice?"

       Grayson shook his head. "No, the pain is leaving. I just moved it the wrong way." He tucked my hair behind me ear, resting his hand on my cheek before pressing his lips on mine. "I love you."

       "Mm, I love you too," I said before our lips connected again. Being careful not to use his left hand because of his wrist, he lowered me until the back of my head hit the armrest with him hovering over me.