Chapter 38

Chapter 38

       A few days back to school and the Seniors were already having another surprise event. However, it wasn't really a surprise, per se, since we had to get permission slips signed for a field trip to the beach. I was excited to go back there, but I knew that there was going to be something going along with it. Last time I went to the beach on a field trip, we had a worksheet to fill out and it was boring, especially because my partner was Grayson and he refused to do anything.

       All the Seniors got onto the bus after checking in with their period one teacher. Grayson and I sat together with Belle and Devon in front of us.

       Grayson refused to cover up his still remaining black eye today since we were going to the beach and the water would probably wash it off since my make up wasn't waterproof. So, he settled with wearing his sunglasses.

       "So," I said to Grayson, hooking my arm in his. "Can you not sleep this time when we get to the beach?"

       "Come on, Flower," Grayson said. "That was one time. And you slept afterwards."

       "And what happened when I fell asleep?" I asked.

      Grayson narrowed his eyes at me. "Don't go there, Poppy. I told you, I get pissed when guys say whatever they want about my girl. They can't do that."

       "And you couldn't have told them not to do it?" I asked.

       "When has someone ever stopped doing something because a stranger told them not to?" Grayson asked. "You really think those guys would have stopped if I said 'Hey. Can you not talk about my girlfriend like that?'"

       "They could have," I said.

       "Trust me, I know guys," Grayson said. "That and they had these stupid smirks on their face. They were basically asking for a fight."

       "Nobody asks for fights," I said.

       "Can we not talk about this?" Grayson asked. "Quite frankly, I preferred you to be sleeping. You're less annoying."

       "Take that back!"

       "Make me, Flower," Grayson said with a smile.

       Oh, that was going to be extremely easy for me. Poor Grayson. He didn't know what he was in for. I just had to bribe him with his weakness. "I'm serious, Grayson," I said. "You better take it back."

       "Or?" Grayson asked. "Face it, Flower. You're not that good at threatening me."

       "Really?" I asked. "So you're not going to take it back?"

       Grayson smiled. "Nope."

       "Fine," I said. "Then I am not going to kiss you, nor am I going to let you kiss me until you take it back."

       Grayson's frown immediately turned into a frown. "Oh, you did not just go there."

       I scooted further away, crossing my arms over my chest to prove my point. I wasn't really mad at Grayson for saying what he did; we teased each other all the time and him saying that was nothing. But I loved teasing him a lot more than he liked teasing me.

       Grayson leaned closer to me, but I quickly held up my hand so he kissed my palm instead. "Oh, you're serious, aren't you?" he asked with a smile. "Suit yourself. I know you won't be able to resist my kisses."

       "We'll see about that," I said, looking out the window and at the passing scenery. However, as soon as I did that, I regretted it. I saw the very tree Grayson and I crashed into while we were arguing. I knew we got over the crash, but seeing that very spot made the memories come back.