Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight

I wake up around 8 again, and tell Marisa about our next target: Lydia Kinsworth.

She is John's ex girlfriend, and let me tell you, she was a bitch. Actually, she still is. She was as skinny as a stick, and wore way too revealing clothes. She was such a know it all and treated all of her friends like dirt. Once, my mom was talking to her mom, and she even admitted she was a bitch. You know if your mom says that about you, it must be true.

Lydia was also the school slut. Like seriously, there was not one guy with any social standing that she didn't screw. Just the way she walks and talks and exists pisses me off. She bullies everyone, even her 'friends'. Some people may pretend to like her, but we all hated her.

Once again, Marsa and I travel through the town in darkness. Lydia's house is farther away than John's house, so it takes a little longer to get there. Eventually, we arrive and go through an unlocked window. There seems to be no one else in the room we're in, so we creep out of the room and down the hall until we find Lydia's bedroom. I already know where it is because all the guys at my school said it was at the very end of the hall. They also referred to it as "The Dungeon".

I open the bedroom door and see Lydia making out with some guy on the bed. Slut, I think as I pull out my gun and shoot the guy in the head. He immediately goes limp, trapping Lydia under him. I casually walk over to them and pull the dude off Lydia.

"Remember me, bitch?" I ask as I pounce on Lydia, punching her in the face. She tries to fight me, but Marsa holds her down. I take out my switchblade and write on her arms and stomach, just like before. Slut on her left arm, Cheater on her right, and Liar on her stomach. Then I carve a smile on her lips. But no, she's still not dead. At this point, she's just screaming her head off. In order to shut her up, I take out the rope from the bag and wrap it around her neck. Then, with the help of Marsa, I hang Lydia on her ceiling fan.

At first, she jerks around, a look of horror on her face. I briefly have a flashback of Chloe jerking around, trying to get the rope off her neck, but the memory quickly passes as I get a huge rush of happiness. This bitch is finally getting what she deserves.

Eventually, blood starts flowing from her mouth and cuts more, and she stops moving. Lydia Kinsworth is no more.

I laugh and dance around with glee. I feel so happy. So empowered. So unstoppable. I feel.... Immortal.

After a few minutes, Marsa calms me down, and we leave. We silently go back to the barn, getting back just before 5. Marsa falls asleep almost immediately, but I stay up, waiting for him. I've sensed his presence ever sense we went to John's house, and now would be a great time for him to appear.

After an hour or so, he finally appears. I haven't talked to him since the night before my wedding. My best friend. My lover. My secret. BEN Drowned.

"Hello sweetie," I sing happily, hugging him.

"I haven't seen you in ages!"

"I've missed you too," Ben says, looking me up and down.

"I like the new look, it fits you well."

"Thank you," I say, blushing. Marsa snores quietly, and we both look over at her.

"We should tell her," I say.

"She won't tell anyone. She really likes you on that high five website. Please?" I ask, bringing out my puppy dog eyes. Ben sighs and nods.

"I guess it couldn't hurt. I smile brightly.

"Yay! Well, not right away, of course. I'll have to tell her the story and everything."

"Why don't we tell her somewhere near September?" Ben suggests. I smile.

"Sounds great! So, now what do you want to do?"

We just end up talking about random stuff. Ben tells me that the day of the wedding, after we left the mansion, he left too. He didn't follow us, though. He knew I could take care of myself. He said he planned on meeting up with us earlier, but he ran into some of his 'friends' and had to deal with them first. Whatever that means. He then found us in the barn after we got rid of John and decided to appear to me when I was alone. After a while of talking, I fall asleep in Ben's arms.

~~~

The next month, we have basically the same pattern. Marsa and I sleep during the day, kill during the night, and after Marsa falls asleep again, I talk with Ben. Ben and I have decided to tell Marsa about Ben on September 1st. Then Ben can help us with our killings. Speaking of killings, it's going pretty well. So far, I've killed Max Holtner, Bekah Pepper, Chase Hartman, and many others. Whenever I kill, I get this surge of power and ecstasy, and it feels great.

The media has finally picked up on the killings, and some people call me the 'Sin Killer' because I always write their 'alleged' sins on their body.Others call me The Smiler, because I always carve a smile on my victim's face. Actually, people are fighting over the two names. I've become quite a success. The police have no leads, but they think I'm a guy, which is kind of annoying. I mean, girls can be serial killers too! But, that means no one suspects me when I go down town for supplies.

I can't wait to tell my parents about my adventures. They will be so proud of me for bringing justice to evil people! I can't wait. My life has gone from zero to a thousand in little more than a month. Nothing can defeat me now. I'm unstoppable.

Right?