Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

            I wake up to water being thrown on my face. I immediately jump up in alarm and see David standing over me with an empty bucket in his hands.

            “Rise and shine, Love.” David says roughly.

            “Go and get a shower, you need one. I left some clothes for you in the bathroom down the hall.” I groan.

            “Is everyone else up?” I ask.

            “Yes. Now hurry up.” David leaves and I stand up groggily. I walk up the cellar steps and down the hallway before turning around.

            “Where is everyone?” I ask.

            “They’re in the dining room waiting for you. Now go on.”

I sigh and walk into the bathroom. I close the door behind me and lock it. I don’t want anyone coming in, especially David, with what I’m about to do. I strip down and step into the hot water, relishing the slight burning sensation I get for a few seconds. Having the urge to cut myself, I look around for something sharp. You know, people who have never self-harmed don’t realize how addictive it is. It’s like a drug. You try it out of curiosity, or desperation, and then you get hooked and can’t stop.

I couldn’t see anything sharp at first. Right as I was about to just use my finger nails, I see something shining in the corner of my eye. I glance over to the corner of the shower and see a small pin. I don’t know how it got I here, but it’ll do. I grab the pin and put it next to my left arm. I push down on it, causing it to draw a single drop of blood. I move the pin across my arm, blood slowly coming out. I relish the sting of the scar against the hot water, before moving to make another cut.

Just as I’m about to press the pin down again, there’s a knock on the door.

“Juliette, hurry up.” It’s David.

“Okay, I’ll be out in a second.” I respond. I finish with the rest of my shower, still longing for the pin against my skin. I get out of the shower and flush the pin down the toilette, so no one will find it. Then I change into the clothes David set out for me, a long sleeved Panic! At The Disco shirt and a pair of black shorts. I wasn’t surprising this outfit was my style, since David has been stalking me since I was 10. That would be bad if he hadn’t picked up on my style, since it’s been 7 years. I quickly comb out my golden brown hair and walk out of the door. As I’m walking to the dining room, I notice Marsa nearby, and decide to talk to her.

“Hey Marsa. How are you?” I ask.

“David has requested you meet him for breakfast, miss. May I assist you to the dining room?” I look at Marsa strangely. Why is she talking to me so formally? Marsa nods her head slightly to the corner of the room, then covers it up by scratching her neck. I glance over quickly and see a security camera on the ceiling. Oh, She’s worried about being recorded, I think. Of course.

“Uh, no thanks, I’m good.” I answer.

“But thanks anyway.” Marsa nods and walks away.

I walk to the dining room and see David and Chloe already there. David smiles at me as I sit down in the same chair as last night.

“Good morning, Love. How are you feeling?” David asks cheerfully.

“I’m feeling fine, thank you.” I answer politely.

“So, Chloe, why don’t you tell Juliette what I just told you?” Chloe immediately stiffens and gives me a look of sorrow. She tells me what David meant when Marsa and Ethan were giving us our breakfast.