Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Ben and I go across the bridge and into town. Our victim tonight, Abby Cornelius, lives closer than the others, so we'll get done sooner. It's been a week since I told Marisa about Ben, and I think she's calming down about it. She's still pretty mad, though.

We make it to Abby's house within half an hour and break in through a window as usual. Ben and I travel through the house, looking for Abby, but we can't find her. Eventually, we give up and start to leave, but just as we're walking through the living room, the front door opens. Abby steps in and closes the door behind her. Once she turns around she notices us. She tries to open the front door again to get away, but we are too quick.

Ben grabs Abby and throws her unto the couch. I finish her off quickly, but not before I carve her sins into her body. Liar, Deceiver, and Stealer. Then I carve a smile into her face and she's gone.

I get off her body and lick some blood off the blade. I've grown to kind of like the taste of blood. I like to taste the still warm liquid of my victims. It makes the kill much more satisfying. Makes me feel powerful.

I notice Ben looking at me lustfully.

"You are so turning me on right now." He says deeply.

Before I can say anything, I get shoved against the wall as Ben kisses me. I get over my shock almost immediately and kiss him back. I wrap my arms around Ben's neck and play with his hair as he wraps his arms around my waist. Our lips move in sync as if they were made for each other.

Ben moves his hands a little lower and I gasp. Ben puts his tongue in my mouth and our tongues fight for dominance. Ben's tongue wins eventually, and I let his tongue explore my mouth.

We reluctantly pull away gasping for breath. As we're catching our breath, Ben smiles triumphantly.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Now let's go loser, we wouldn't want to keep Marisa up, now would we?" Ben sighs.

"I guess not."

We leave Abby's house and travel back to the barn. By the time we get back, it's about 12:50 AM.

"Goodnight Ben" I say, kissing him on the cheek.

"Goodnight, Jules. We'll continue with that session later." Ben winks and glitches out. I sigh. I wish Ben never had to leave. I open the barn door to se a very startled Marisa.

"Marisa, what's wrong?" I ask. She immediately becomes angsty and turns away.

"Wh-what if I told you I wanted to go to the police?" She asks quietly. My jaw literally drops in shock.

"You can't!" I yell.

"Why not?!" Marisa asks, turning around.

"I'm sick of living like this, Juliette. This isn't a life! It's almost as bad as when I was with David! If you let me go to the police now, I don't have to tell them about you. I can say it was just me and Ethan, and he died when we tried to escape. Please, I promise I won't tell." I shake my head slowly.

"No. They know that David stalked me when I was younger, and that I disappeared last year. They're going to ask you, and you'll tell them about me. You can't tell anyone." I walk over to a beam and kick it.

"I would rather die than be caught now." I mutter.

"You just can't."

Suddenly, I hear the click of a gun behind me. I turn around to see Marisa pointing it right at me.

"I'm sorry, Juliette." Marisa says.

"But this is for your own good." Then she shoots me in the leg.

My leg feels as if it's been set on fire. I yell out in surprise and fall to the floor. Marisa drops the gun, surprised she actually shot me, and runs out of the barn. I stand up, using a stack of hay for support, and grab the gun. I stagger outside as fast as I can, and see Marisa running to the bridge. I run after her, trying not to fall.

When Marisa is about halfway across the bridge, she falls down. By the time she's gotten up, I've caught up to her. She stands up slowly, and I point the gun at her.

"Juliette, please, you don't have to do this." Marisa begs, tears in her eyes.

"I promise I'll go back with you and never tell a soul. Please." I shake my head.

"I can't risk it, Marisa. You know that." I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

And I shoot her in the shoulder.

The impact makes Marisa stumble back, and she falls off the bridge. I run to the railing to see her fall into the icy river below.

"MARISA!" I scream. I just wanted to hurt her. I didn't want her to die.

I've just killed an innocent person I think. I'm no better than David.

Suddenly a spotlight shines on me and I cover my eyes with my arms.

"This is the police!" I hear a voice boom above me. "Drop the gun and put your hands up!" I do as they say. Marisa must have already called them. But then why didn't she tell me?

I look down at my injured leg. Wow, I've lost a lot of blood. I think. I get weak in the knees and fall to the ground. I can't see anything but the bright light above me, but I hear police sirens and a helicopter and someone yelling. And then everything goes black.

A/N: Ugh the beginning of this chapter gave me so many cringe attacks while typing it. Like "Ewwww 8th grade Julie why you write this???" But yeah, sorry for killing off Marisa. #sorrynotsorry <3 Julie