Marisa

Marisa

She's done it. She finally snapped. I knew it would happen eventually after Chloe died, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I mean, Juliette has always been kind of out there, but now she's worse than ever. It's not fair she's killing all these people. They don't deserve to die. Sure, they might've done some bad things, but that doesn't mean they hadn't changed. And honestly, some of the stuff Juliette has pinned on these people has been pretty minor. Like, a few days ago, I asked Juliette what her next victim had done, and she said he stole her sandwich. In the 2nd grade. If that's not overreacting, I don't know what is.

And if that's not enough, she knew Ethan was totally innocent, and yet she did nothing to stop David from killing him. She lied to all of us about where she disappeared to every night. It's been a week since Juliette told me about Ben, and I've decided to come clean.

I'm going to call the cops.

I've had a lot of time to think about this, seeing Juliette does all the killing with Ben now. I've decided this will be the best for all of us. Ben can leave, Juliette can get the help she so desperately needs, and I can finally get out of this mess. Honestly, at this point, I don't even care if I get locked up for the rest of my life. I just want out.

"Marisa, we're leaving now." Juliette calls.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I respond. Time to put my plan into action.

I wait half an hour to make sure Juliette and Ben will be well on their way to their next victim's house. I slip out of the barn and quickly make my way across the bridge. I sneak into the payphone on the other side of the bridge and slip 2 quarters into the machine. I dial the police and wait impatiently for someone to pick up. Finally, I hear someone else's voice on the line and sigh with relief.

"911. What is your emergency?" A lady says calmly.

"Um, hi. I know who the Smiler is." I say stuttering.

"Really? Who?"

"It's really complicated. I can give you all the details once you get here." Please hurry."

"Okay okay, where are you?"

"She's hiding out in the old abandoned barn on the outskirts of Bartsville."

"Alright. Are you absolutely sure it's him?"

"Yes, absolutely. And, it's actually a girl."

"Oh wow. Okay, we'll be there within the hour."

"Please hurry, she'll get back soon."

"Don't worry we'll get her. Just stay safe, okay?"

"Okay. Bye." And then I hang up.

I look at my watch. 12:00AM. Juliette and Ben should be back in an hour or so. I walk back over the bridge to the barn. I hope the police intercept them before they get here so I don't have to face Juliette. I've seen her when she's mad, and it is not a pretty sight. I pace back and forth nervously as the minutes tick by. Where are the police? They should've been ere by no-

My thoughts are cut off by the barn door slamming open.

Oh no.

A/N: Ohhhh that's dramatic. Sorry this parts kinda crappy, I was going to modify it slightly but I just don't have time to right now. <3 Julie