Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

            After dinner, David lets us have 15 minutes of time to ourselves before he puts us in the cellar. I go back to the game room to get the book Ben gave me and just have time to myself. I decide to go to YouTube to watch the videos the guy put on there. I quickly go to the computer on the desk and log into the guest account. I click open Chrome and go to YouTube.com. I type in the search bar for “BEN Drowned’ and the videos I’m looking for immediately comes up. I watch them and a chill runs up my spine. Watching those videos just made me even more curious.  I want to talk to Ben again, but how? Then I remember that sometimes, Ben communicated to the gamer through cleverbot. I go to Cleverbot.com quickly. I type in ‘Are you here?’. Cleverbot then responds ‘No, I do not own a car’. I sigh. Just the robot.

            I try a few more times, to no avail. As I’m about to log off, I wonder if I could get unto Facebook and tell someone where I am. I try to go to Facebook, but the browser just keeps telling me an error message. I also try Google+, Tumblr, and Instagram, but the same thing happens.

            David must have rigged it, I think. Seeing nothing else I could try to do, I log off and leave the game room with Ben’s book. As I’m walking down the hallway, I meet Chloe, who was in the courtyard.

            “Have you been in there yet?” Chloe asks me. I shake my head.

            “You should. It’s beautiful in there.” I nod in agreement. We walk in silence until we meet David in the main room. He leads us to the cellar, and we are again thrown in the dark room. Marsa and Ethan join us after about half an hour. Tonight, we talk about ourselves as a person. Our likes and dislikes, our favorite color, etc.

            “So,” I say slowly, “Have you guys still been able to keep up with what’s happening outside here?”

            “Somewhat.” Ethan replies.

            “David only really tells us about the really important stuff, like school shootings and who’s president and stuff like that. We’re pretty outdated in our music taste though.”

            “Hey, so are we!” Chloe says. I nod.

            “Yeah. Chloe listens to ‘classic’ rock, like Bon Jovi and AC/DC, and I’m still living in 2005.” It’s really true. I guess I could be current, since my favorite band is My Chemical Romance, but I try not to think of their current actions. I’m still so torn up from that. Why would they break up? I don’t think I will ever fully recover.

            “Well, did anything exciting happen recently?” Marsa asks.

            “Only the heart wrenching news that My Chemical Romance is breaking up a few months ago.” I say disgruntled.

            “What?! Why?! I love My Chemical Romance!” Marsa exclaims.

            “Really? That’s awesome! What’s your favorite band?” I ask.

            “Panic! At The Disco, of course.”

            “I love Panic! At The Disco! They’re my third favorite band!”

            “What?! Who beat out my sweet Brendon Urie?”

            “My Chemical Romance and Pierce The Veil.”

            “I love Pierce The Veil!” This goes on for a while until we get tired and go to bed. As I’m falling asleep, I make a mental list.