Chapter Five

Chapter Five

            After about half an hour of walking in silence, I start to feel little droplets of water on my head. Soon, it’s full out pouring. I don’t mind though. I love the rain.

            I remember when I was a kid I would sneak out of the house whenever it would rain and sing and dance around until my parents told me to get back inside. Needless to say, I got sick a lot, but it was totally worth it. I feel like I can be myself in the rain. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true. No one can tell me how to act or dress when I’m in the rain. I’m a free spirit.

            “Well, now we know what will put out the fire.” David says, trying to lighten the mood. It didn’t work very well. I mean, any other time, it might work better. But not right after he just killed 4 of my close friends and kidnapped Chloe and I. not to mention what happened to Laura.

            Eventually, we make it to an old abandoned house that looks like it’s falling apart. The front steps are moldy and decaying, and the porch looks like it could collapse at any second. I reluctantly step unto the porch and into the house, David right behind me. He closes the door as I look around. The inside looks better than the outside of the house, but not by much. We are in what seems to be the living room, with the kitchen off to the side and a small staircase leading who knows where. Everything has a layer of dust on it.

            “This is one of my many hideouts in this area.” David explains, laying Chloe on the couch.

            “We will stay here until tomorrow night, when we can start traveling again. Unfortunately, you can’t know where I’m taking you, so I’ll have to put you under briefly.” I nod.

            “Ok.” I sit down next to Chloe on the couch and David sits in the love seat.

            “So…..” David says awkwardly. There is an awkward pause.

            “When will Chloe wake up?” I ask.

            “In a couple of hours.”

“Oh. OK.” I say, sighing. I hope she enjoys her last couple of hours of freedom.

I glance at David and notice he’s staring at me. I stare right back, trying to put as much hatred into my glare as possible. We just stare at each other for a few minutes. Eventually, David breaks the silence.

“God, you’re beautiful.” He says. I snort.

“Sure I am.” I respond sarcastically.

“I mean it, Juliette.”

“Sure you do.” David’s eyes flare with anger and I know I crossed the line. David stands up and lifts me up by my neck, me clawing at his hands.

“You are beautiful, Juliette. Don’t you ever forget it. Your bright smile, your sparkling eyes, your soft hair, your everything. You are perfect. You’ve always been beautiful, and you always will be. You have no idea the affect you have on me. Every time I look at you, I want to kiss you, hold you, make you mine. You are beautiful. Got it?” I nod my head frantically, feeling light headed. David’s hands immediately loosen their grip around my neck, and he sets me down.

“Good.”

I fall to my knees, gasping for breath. Is this what my life has come to? Almost being chocked to death by my crazy stalker after witnessing my friends’ murders and getting kidnapped?

I look up at the monster called David. He offers me his hand, and I take it reluctantly. David lifts me off the ground and pulls me into a hug.

“I’m sorry.” David whispers.

“It’s ok.” I whisper back, even though it’s not.

“I’m ok, see? I’m fine.” I rub David’s back awkwardly as he holds me close to his body. We stay like that for a while. He eventually lets go of me and I sit back on the couch.

“Try to get some rest, ok? I’ll make some food.” I nod and David walks into the kitchen, leaving me with Chloe.

I sigh. I can’t escape. I can’t just leave Chloe here with David, and I’m too tired to carry her. My thoughts start to wander, and I eventually start to nod off. I take a short nap and then look at the time. 12:00 PM. I glance at Chloe and notice she’s starting to stir. I shake her elbow gently and whisper in her ear.

“Chloe, wake up.” Chloe opens her eyes and I feel a pang of guilt. She’s now officially back in reality.

“Where are we?” Chloe asks, looking around.

“Somewhere in the forest.” I say, scratching the back of my head awkwardly.

“David, uh, took us.” Chloe looks around frantically and starts to breath heavily.

“Chloe, listen to me.” I say firmly.

“It’s just us now. Alisa, Karlie, the Kenzey’s, they’re all gone now. We have to stick together. Don’t anger David, he gets angry very quickly. We’ll help each other through this, ok? He’ll probably release you soon anyways, he only came for me. If and when he lets you go, you have to promise not to spill. He would just take you again. I’ll be fine on my own. I’m so sorry I got you into this. We just have to support each other, ok?” Chloe nods, still in shock. I smile and hug her tightly.

“I knew I could trust you.” I say. I hear someone clear their throat behind me and I whip my head around.

“Lunch is ready.” David says, walking back into the kitchen. I smile at Chloe, pretending to be confident, and grab her hand. I give her hand a reassuring squeeze as we both stand up.

“Let’s go, I’m hungry.” And then we head into the kitchen.

A/N: Hey peoples of the Earth! That was fun. David be cray cray though. Just cray cray. Sorry if some of the chapters are short, there are some really long chapters, too. Like the next chapter. Please comment your thoughts on what you like about the story, what I could do better, etc. See ya! <3 Julie