o n e

"Liza we're leaving, c'mon" Dad said knocking on my door.

I looked around my empty bedroom with tears on my eyes. Mom was making us leave Seattle to move to Sydney because her company transferred her to start a new office there. I didn't wanna leave. Not that I had that much of friends of anything, but living in Seattle was everything I knew about life, I'm not a fan of big changes.

"Elizabeth c'mon!" Mom yelled from downstairs "Everyone is on the car! Get your ass here!"

I roll my eyes and wipe my tears. In a minute I'm in the car sitting at the back of the minivan with my little sister Zoe and Gammy Gray. Yes, my grandmother lives with us. The drive to the airport is silent, Dad tried some stupid jokes to break the ice but I just turned the volume of my iPod up.

The plane flight to Sydney was pure hell. Gammy Gray started to hit on the flight attendant and Zoe couldn't stop crying, while Mom was typing on her computer and Dad dozed off because of the wine he had drank. I did my best to entertain Zoe with the cartoons on my iPad but she was grumpy, after I gave up on calming that child Gammy started to tell her stories of her youth and Zoe fell asleep.

We landed in Sydney 7 in the morning on a Saturday. Some guy went to pick us up, mom said the office has sent him. We got in our new home on the suburbs and the first thing I wanted to do was run back to the airport and hop on the first flight back to Seattle. This is boiling hot. I was born in the cold Seattle, how am I supposed to handle this living hell?

Gammy took the room downstairs and I settle for the big room upstairs. The rest of the day was pretty much organizing the house, thankfully our things were already here. After organizing my room and pretending I didn't hear mom calling me to help her, I dropped my body onto the bed and prayed that the Sun dropped itself on this house burning this shit to the ground.

Michael snaps his fingers on my face making me come back to reality.

"Dude, knock it off!" I spat his hand away from me

"I hope you know how to solve these because Miss Adams will collect to grade it" he pushes the paper to my desk, I just roll my eyes and grab a pencil

I looked at the equations, it's not even that hard.

"How did you manage to get into senior year?" I asked him while solving the questions

"I have no idea" he shrugs his shoulders with a smile "So, how are you feeling about being Luke's?"

"I'm not his" I groan under my breath

"Let me tell you something about Luke" he lays his hand on top of mine, making me stop writing "He's the type of person that tells you to jump and you ask how high"

"Too bad for him then" I smile "I'm not obedient"

he just smirks, like he's mocking me

"This will be interesting"

After a few minutes I finish the assignment and Miss Adams collect it saying we have more homework. Before I leave the class after the bell rang I turn to Michael

"Don't expect me to make homework for both of us" I tell him

"Too late" he smiles "You're already my math bitch" he takes his books and walks out of the room.

I sigh deeply. Congratulations Mother, you managed to make my life a living hell. I check my schedule to see my next class: Biology. This day couldn't get any worse. I find my way into the classroom and sit at the back, after some more minutes the rest of the class is here and I see the blonde boy that I assume it's Luke walk and stop beside me. There's a girl sitting here, too late buddy