t w e n t y - o n e

'Cause I've got a jet black heart

And there's a hurricane underneath it

Trying to keep us apart

I woke up with Luke's hand stroking my head, my eyes looked straight into his with a smile on my lips. 

We got up and got dressed to class, he drives us in his black truck with his lanky knuckles on my thigh. We walked through the hallways shoulder touching shoulder, there was no need to hold hands because we're far too connected. He was telling me something about how upset he's with Calum because of the whole Kira thing, I still don't know what actually happened but one thing I know for sure: it must be serious because Luke won't be this mad at Cal if it wasn't.

We were walking by his mom's office when we heard a noise at the end of the hallway and in a second we saw two paramedics running through the corridor pushing a stretcher towards Mrs. Hemmings' office. Luke held my slim body out of the way as we bumped our backs at the wall. 

We saw Kira and Mrs. Hemmings crying as the paramedics held Ashley up and onto the stretcher. Luke's grip on my skin was loose now, I glanced to his eyes and they were half empty. What happened to Ashley?

Kira spotted us and ran towards us, her pale face was red from all the crying. She threw herself in between of Luke and I expecting us to hold her body. She cried so much

"Kira what happened?" Luke asked for the third time but she couldn't reply

"Ashley just fell" Mrs. Hemmings walked slowly towards us with a shocked expression "Kira and Ashley went to have some coffee at me office then before I could unlock the door I heard Ashley falling onto the ground"

"I-I, I just watched her falling in slow motion. Like her body lost it's strength" Kira says in between gasps

Luke's face is a mix of a frown with straight lined mouth. 

"We gotta go to the hospital" Kira says sobbing, I rub her back to comfort her

"Of course, Luke give me your keys I'm driving" I turned to face him, his expression was a blank space. He just nodded and handed me the keys

"Go be with her, I'll call her parents and meet you there" Liz said rushing back to her office

Kira and I walked towards the truck with her arm on my waist and my arm holding her shoulders, Luke walked slowly beside us, dragging his lanky body along with ours. Kira sat on the back and Luke took a seat next to mine as I adjust the seat for my short legs.

The hole drive Luke rested his elbows on his knees and his face in between his big hands. I don't know what he's thinking about but I'm sure he's blaming himself for not knowing what was wrong with Ashley. I stop the car at the red light and hold his hand squeezing it to let him know I'm here for him. He holds my small hand and kiss my knuckles. I spread my palm over his cheek and trail it down to his neck then to his back, rubbing circles over his shirt to make him feel better. 

I moved my hand when the light turned green and he sighs. 

I parked Luke's black truck by the hospital entrance and he runs out of the car and into the building. When Kira and I made inside he was already following the nurse to where Ashley's parents were, they got here sooner because they live nearby while from the school is a twenty minutes drive.