IV : Brontosaur

After parents and my school caught news about the perverted ahjusshi being arrested, the obligatory for us to walk in groups was lifted. Some groups were dispersed, but some of them decided that it was a lot safer walking in groups and stayed with the method.

Being the only group consisting of two, Jimin and I had grown quite attached to each other. We always sticked together like Peterpan and Tinker Bell, he stated as a child. I bet he didn't even know that in the original novel, Tinker Bell died the year after Wendy and her brothers left Neverland.

And that Peter has no memory of her at all.

Well if he was my Tinker Bell, I ain't his Peterpan, since memories of him made me half a dead person every single day.

As we walked together everyday, the hot summer sun had shifted into cool breezes of autumn. Leaves on tree twigs turned red and started falling, giving pretty colors to the ground.

I used to think colors were pretty.

Halloween was just around the corner.

My mom got all hyped preparing for my costume the moment I told her about my promise with Jimin. Three days before the day, my costume was perfectly ready. My tooth fairy costume was a pastel blue collared dress with a glittery finish. The skirt of the dress was more like tutu, which I was supposed to wear with matching colored tights underneath. The highlight of my costume was of course, my glittery white wings and fluffy silver wand.

I wasn't comfortable with such a girly fashion and even thought about staying home for the whole evening. I refused going out the house until a creature called Park Jimin came banging through my front door begging me to come out, dressed as a green Brontosaur. After spending an ample of time trying to convince me that I look perfectly fine, even pretty. Jimin finally succeeded in dragging me out the house.

Getting out the house, we were greeted by the Halloween atmosphere created by a few decorations on the neighborhood. We spotted other kids having their treat basket already half full. The competitive side of myself instantly rose to the surface. I can't lose to those children. My mood changed and in a blink of an eye, I was the one dragging Jimin here and there. Soon enough we were jolly and immersed in hunting for treats the whole evening. But Jimin was particularly happy, as he succeeded looking taller than me as a Brontosaur.

When we were walking on an alley, a group of big kids appeared.

They looked about two to three years older than us. Acting like they are the coolest bunch in the whole world, they wasn't even wearing costumes.

The leader of the pack seemed to notice that I was staring at them for quite a while now.

"What are you looking at, little girlie?" as he said that, the whole gang turned their heads towards us.

He kinda looked like a hyena from the Lion King. I shrugged off their question and continued walking with Jimin, when they suddenly approached us.

"I asked you a question and you didn't even answer. For your punishment, give us your treats. If you do, we might be kind enough to leave you alone." said the ugly hyena.

The sun was already gone and the wind was cold. My nose started being a little runny.

"Oh, look. The little girl is crying already" said the chubbiest one of the gang, making the others burst into laughter.

"I wasn't even crying, it's just that your existence irritates my nose you fat pig." I glared at him.

"Say something like that again and I'll send you home crying for your mom!" exclaimed the ugly hyena, as he harshly kicked an empty coke can to the wall. My ears were ringing from the loud clang.