Epilogue : Colors

WHITE

I slung my small backpack over one shoulder and scanned my room to see if I left anything behind. My eyes paused at the drawer of my desk for a moment before I finally turned my head towards the door, calling off whatever I was thinking of doing and about to leave instead. I heard my mom thanking and sending off someone which I assume was a guest downstairs.

I closed my bedroom door and was walking down the stairs when I suddenly heard her call,

"Honey! Come here quick! Your phone is here!"

My phone!

I lost my phone the day I went to the beach with Jimin. I probably left it on the sand near my castle after texting my mom and before all the crying frenzy, and had survived living like an 80s teenage girl for a couple of days since then.

I hastened my pace and jogged downstairs. Arriving in front of my mom, I reached my hand out to her, asking for my phone. 

In contrary, she quickly pulled my phone away from me, "Listen, we were fortunate someone was kind enough to contact us and help us get this back. The next time you dissapear to a beach and left your phone, I'm-"

"Yay thank you mom! Tell the ahjumma I said thank you too!" I snatched my phone and wrapped my mom in a tight hug before scurrying away like mice.

I ran back upstairs to my room to get my charger and plugged my phone in as fast as lightning. I grinned, seeing light on the screen after turning it on. My thumb slided across the screen as I enthusiastly swiped my password open.

But then my finger stopped as the wind in my heart suddenly changed from excitement to nervousness.

Deeply inhaling and exhaling, I moved my thumb slowly to find the gallery application.

Tap.

Pictures I took the last two weeks appeared on my screen.

Pictures of me and Park Jimin.

Even though I was already confident that everything really did happened and trusted what Jimin told me, everything still felt like a dream. My mind was still afloat on the clouds and believing that I spent my last two weeks with Jimin felt unreal.

But now that everything is right in front of my eyes, it felt different. I could feel my heartbeat increasing as I tapped the newest picture with anxiety.

Jimin standing in the line for the roller coaster, both his hands holding his chest, grinning with eyes closed.

Jimin and me squished in a group hug by the park's mascot. 

A selca of us with double chins from an extremely low angle.

My heart felt warm and a wide smile bloomed on my face.

Jimin asleep on my couch, a volume of Noblesse in his hands.

My smile turned into a smaller one, the feeling of the picture different but not less warming.

I saw on the corner of my phone that my notifications are going to explode any moment soon, I then decided to check them.

Dumb Dino (8)

Curious but confused, I hestitantly tapped it open.

What I saw next caused me to smile but my heart to somehow ache.

A chubby Jimin from a lower angle, clearly not ready for a picture.

Jimin kissing a decorative pole, his hands around it.