Inconvenient

The monster was closer than ever. They needed to do something fast.

"It is coming after us!" Snow yelled desperately.

"I know, I'm not blind. I'll take care of this." Regina bitted out as walked past Snow and let a fireball prepared on ready to strike.

The rush of adrenaline was very welcomed. The queen was not sure if in a different circumstance she would have been able to create one of her trusty fireballs. It bothered her to say it, but she was quite exhausted.

However, when she was almost making her move, someone else yelled.

"Get down!"

Regina was surprised by the intrusion and she temporarily lost focus on her magic, extinguishing the fireball she held on so desperately. When the queen turned around to face the beast again, it was too close.

Shit.

The monkey grabbed her arm and restarted to fly, only this time taking her with it. Cursing under her breath, Regina fought against the beast. Unfortunately, she was only able to slow the winged freak a little.

It all happened really fast. Snow was yelling her name frenetically and two arrows hit the monkey, making it jerk, barking out a pained squeak and letting go of her arm.

When the monster released her, the queen was happy for two seconds. Then, as her stomach twisted in the most unpleasant way, Regina realized she was falling and, unlike the monkey, she had no wings to keep her safe.

The queen's fall was nothing lady like. She fell on the forest floor with no compose and could tell one of her legs was hurt. How much she did not know, but it wasn't looking that bad.

On the other hand, when she glanced over her arm the queen widened her eyes, suppressing and angry groan.

Ouch.

There was a nasty wound where the monkey thrusted its claws on her and Regina sighed when realized she would have to clean it up later.

"Are you alright, milady?" An accented voice questioned.

Regina looked up and saw a man in a green hood. To her surprise, he looked slightly familiar. Next to him was Snow and a bunch of men she had never seen before.

"Do I look like I'm alright?" She replied, her tone furious.

The man smirked in return and gave her his hand, so he could help her to get up. The queen glanced at it and dismissed it with a roll of her eyes, standing up by herself without any help, ignoring the pain in her leg.

"Wait a minute. Robin?" Snow exclaimed in surprise, turning the man towards her.

"Snow White? Well, it's been a long while." Robin answered with a smile on his face, moving forward to hug the princess.

Regina scrubbed a hand over her face, massaging her temples briefly. Another Snow White's happy friend. This day could not get worse, she decided.

"I see you are still good with an arrow." Snow complimented him, laughing.

"Absolutely. The day I can't hold this and do its justice is the day I'll die." Robin replied in amusement.

Regina chuckled in disbelief, earning the man's attention.

"Robin of Lockesly. Known as Robin Hood, as you might remember. It's a pleasure to officially meet, your majesty." Robin commented, his eyebrows lifted playfully while he crossed arms. His blue eyes were funny, they did not hold any kind of fear like the rest of his men did.

He seemed... Amused?

Regina frowned at this infuriating unusual person in front of her. She was not used to people responding like this when meeting her. And this name... Robin Hood. Why did it sound so familiar?

Oh. She remembered. The thief.

"Who would know a thief had honor? Taking from the rich and giving to the poor... I've never believed on that, I must say." Regina mocked, rolling her eyes.

"The world is full of surprises, indeed. Who would know the great and terrible Evil Queen would ever need rescue from such a thief as I, hun? Especially after spending a good while running away from those Black Nights of yours." Robin replied, smugly.

"Watch your tongue. You might lose it next time. By the way, I had everything under control!" Regina said in a lower tone, stepping closer.

"I could see that control of yours while that winged monkey carried you away... and right before you fell on the ground." Robin mocked, smiling slightly.

Regina was so surprised by his attitude that it took her some time to react. The surprise turned into anger and frustration in a heartbeat, though.

The queen snapped and before she could think, created a fireball, ready to explode that infuriating thief's face.

Who would have known? Maybe anger was of better use than adrenaline.

"Robin." Snow warned him at the same time as his men got closer, prepared to protect his leader with weapons on hand.

Instead of backing down, the thief just stepped closer to the queen, his expression growing serious.

"I'm not frightened, milady. I have seen worse things in this land. You will have to do a lot better than this to scare me off, your majesty. However, my men will not hesitate if things get messy, but I believe neither of us want that." The thief commented, his voice firmly rumbling.

Regina lifted a threatening eyebrow and gave him the evilest smile she could manage at the moment.

"I'm not sure if you are actually as bold as people say or only plain stupid. As for your men, do you seriously think you can beat magic with pointy sticks?" The queen murmured in an amused tone, laughing sarcastically.

She increased the size of the fireball, but the effort made dark spots come to her line of vision. She exhausted her magic when destroyed the curse and even this little attempt of using it again made her dizzy.

Her evil smile faltered, and she blinked, trying to erase the darkness.

She looked at the thief again, unsure of her surroundings, hoping no one had noticed what had just happened.

However, when she looked up to meet Robin's gaze, she saw something that made her stop for a moment.

Was that concern?

"It's quite alright, Men. The Queen won't hurt us." He said firmly and the Merry Men lowered their weapons. The thief glanced at Regina, smiling victoriously. "Isn't that right, milady?" Robin teased.

The queen clenched her jaw.

"It's your majesty." She bitted out, looking away and shooting him a killer gaze.

"A simple thank you would suffice." The outlaw murmured, sighing in frustration.

"Well, you're not getting one from me, thief. I'm getting out of here before I lose my patience." Regina responded, her words dripping venom.

She gave him a disgusted look and walked away with an incredible need to punch something.

As she moved, Regina heard Robin's small laugh and she had to do everything in her power to contain her irritation and do not come back to kill him.

Apparently, that was going to be a long day.