Answers

They reappeared in the main hall of the queen's castle. The room was crowded and few people noticed their arrival.

"Regina!" Snow called, walking towards her stepmother, lightly surprised to see they had come back so soon.

"This castle is full of people and yet yours had to be the first face that I see when I arrive." The queen quipped, walking towards her stepdaughter.

Snow gave her an indignant look. "Did you find anything?" The princess asked, crossing her arms and glaring at Regina in return.

"Let's leave the discussion for tomorrow, dear. I'm far too tired to take care of this right now." The queen responded, walking pass Snow towards the hall's exit.

The princess glared at Robin, Granny and Belle in a silent questioning. They gave her nothing but a clueless shrug in response.

"Regina, we need to take precautions!" Snow insisted.

"Tomorrow!" The queen yelled back, already at the end of the hall, leaving the princess alone with the others.

                                  -- |¥| --

The Sorceress entered in her chambers and prepared herself a hot bath. After everything she passed through, she deserved it.

The queen's mind was filled with questions. It felt like the more she discovered, more difficult it was to understand everything going on. Sighing, Regina tried her best to enjoy the warm water. She felt her limbs slowly relaxing as she rested her back against the marble bathtub, closing her eyes momentarily.

However, she couldn't help her mind to guide her into the unusual events that had welcomed her during the past few weeks.

Until now, the queen had found out that the Dark One was not only alive but apparently cooking up something as he played dead. Rumple's incessant craving for power told her whatever he was planning to do, wouldn't be good for those who stayed in his way.

It was expected that Belle would want to help him, but Regina was certain that if the girl found herself in danger at Rumple's wish to gain even more power, Snow would be the first to protect her friend.

And that means she would have to act.

Regina, being the only one who the others could turn to, would be forced to handle the Dark One.

That wasn't what she would call an easy task.

And then, there was Maleficent's issue.

In all honesty, Regina had missed her friend. But she would be naive to think things were exactly as they had been all those years ago. Even if they were still friends somehow, too much had happened.

Too much had changed.

Although, she couldn't deny she felt relief to have Maleficent back in her life. With her there, she had someone to talk to who understood the aspects of the puzzle she was trying to solve - how did Rumple cheat death?

Maleficent told her other villains had arrived at Enchanted Forest, and that was at least intriguing.

Why now? Who were they? Does it have anything to do with Rumple being missing?