The Beginning Of The End

As she passed through the door, Maleficent found herself in a giant room. It was the most extraordinary thing she had ever seen. It was ebony ore made and oval, like a Greek arena, with giant stone pillars holding the celling. The most interesting thing though, was the floor. It was like all the constellations and stars were trapped in a thin layer of glass that stood above her feet, as if she were navigating in oblivious. The witch took a moment to appreciate the beauty of this insane great hall, but while she did, Maleficent noticed the place was not as safe as she thought it was.

As she examined the extensive glass flor, the witch realized that in some places, the glowing stars trapped on the ground were replaced by the darkest kind of blackness she had ever seen. I looked like someone had dropped pure black ink on the floor and the paint was able to extinguish the former glow of the constellations.

Apparently, the glass floor was broken and because of its hypnotizing shape, someone could easily fall into the darkness beyond it.

Maleficent remained frozen at her spot, taking a cautious look around before stepping any further. The more she stayed there, the more she realized a slight vibration on her feet, as if this thin floor fluctuated above her feet, fighting the gravitating force from the abysm below.

She needed to be careful. This turned out to be more dangerous than she had expected it to be.

The witch tilted her head, examining the wall behind her. She spotted nine doors, exactly like the one she had just came out from. They were all settled next to one another.

"So it didn't meter which door we picked, hun?" She said to herself.

The doors were not all she noticed, though. In the middle of the chamber's stone wall, was a thin greyish glowing glass, settled not so far away.

"What kind of portal is this?" Maleficent talked to herself, turning around and stepping closer towards it.

As she moved, a silver shine illuminated the arena. The light found her eyes and she frowned warily, unable to look away. Then, she realized, with a grand smile on her face, that it was the Thunder Stone.

The stone was fluctuating above an ebony pedestal, which stood in a magnificent altar. Her feet moved as fast as possible, dodging the floor holes towards her prize.

She did it. She found the stone. There was no one there apart from her. She beat them all.

As Maleficent was halfway near the altar, something she would never foresee happened. Robin Hood came through the greyish glass portal and fell right in front of her. The man wore a confused expression and stood up gasping for air, unsettled. Then, his eyes fell on the witch, who stood frozen facing him.

"Well, well. I was not expecting that." Maleficent said in a cold tone, her hand gripping her staff effortlessly. "I hope you are not here to stop me from taking my prize." She added, smirking slightly as her eyes glowed in light green.

-- |¥| --

Regina closed the door behind her. The room was similar to the last one, but smaller. She moved forward, looking around. It was empty. Frowning, she took a few more steps towards the next door.

Just as she crossed the room, grey smoke came out of the stone walls and condensed right next to her, creating a human form.

"Hello, my love." The man said softly.

Regina's heart tightened. Her mouth opened slightly, as she glared at him in a loss of words. The queen was frozen, not knowing how to react. She felt a mixture of joy and astonishment at first, but then, sadness hit her fast, because she knew it was not real. He could never be there.