The Witch

The cold wind made the leaves dance every time it hit the trees, creating the most relaxing rustling song. The couple were together inside a tent, getting ready to sleep.

"I'm worried." She murmured, glancing at her husband.

"Snow, relax." He responded, sighing. "Regina is a grown woman. You know how strong she is, we've all lost people we loved. Everybody is fighting some internal battle, Regina is no exception." David added, gently stroking her hair.

"I know that." She said and leaned forward, quickly kissing him. "That's not what I meant. We have another problem to think about. Aurora said after you and Philip left that the witch who's tormenting this realm knows Regina. Not just know, they were friends." The princess explained, frowning in worry.

"I see. You're worried that Regina is going to embrace her darkness again because of this witch." Charming completed, kissing her forehead.

"Yes, but can you blame me? She lost too much, David. Last time, the same thing happened, and we woke up in Storybrooke all cursed! Without any memories of who we really were. She hated me. We hated each other." Snow said, frowning.

"Much has changed since then. Regina isn't that person anymore, she loves Henry. That love doesn't end just because he's gone." Charming insisted, smiling warily to calm his wife.

"She loved Daniel too." Snow pointed out.

Yes, he couldn't deny that.

"I had no idea about her friendship with this witch! That's what worries me, David. I know Regina changed, but she was a great villain in the past. I lived with her for years and learned nothing about her magic. Who would've guessed the Evil Queen had friends?" Snow murmured, looking away. "Regina is in my life for ages and yet, I don't know so many things. When I was a child I made a mistake that costed Daniel's life. Back in that time, I couldn't see how much she hated me for it. I could never see the evil in her, until one day she killed my father and I ran away." Snow added with a quivering voice, shaking her head as a few tears escaped from her eyelashes.

"Hey, let's go get some sleep. That happened a long time ago and both of you have changed. Stop thinking about it, Snow. It won't do you any good." Charming muttered, kissing the top of his wife's head and leading her to bed.

They fell asleep instantly.

Unfortunately, we can't say the same about the queen.

--|¥|--

By the time Regina woke up, people were already eating. Once again, she picked her food and turned around, trying to stay as far away as possible from them.

The queen walked, headed to the place she spent the other night with Roland. That was when Granny called her name.

The old werewolf was the only one Regina had grown to like over the years. Even in her cursed self, Granny was one of the only people who had some guts to face her. She was kind and loving, but would kill to protect her own. Just like an alpha. Regina wondered if Granny had been one back in her days.

"What is it?" The queen asked, turning to face the white-haired woman sitting around an improvised table with the others.

"Eat breakfast with us, we don't bite. Well, just in full moons, but that's not the case right now." The older woman teased, winking playfully.

Regina looked uncertain, debating with herself if doing as the werewolf wanted was the best thing. She had had a terrible night of sleep and knew her level of patience wasn't it's finest today. Therefore, avoiding discussions would be harder than usual and she doubted the Charmings would appreciate her creating further problems. Not that she cared much about their opinion, but it would lead to a very long speech from Snow, and Regina wasn't in the mood for that.