Nottingham

Snow scrubbed a hand over her tired face, slowly sitting down as her free hand pressed against her growing belly.

"Any news?" She murmured, turning to face the guard who had just arrived in the room.

"I am afraid not, your highness. The prince did not respond to your message." He answered politely.

Another man walked in, and Snow managed to smile slightly. "Did you find her, John?" She questioned, ignoring the growing pain on her back.

The Merry Men noddled. "I was able to locate the queen... uh... Regina said she would be here in no time." He muttered the word out.

"It will be fine, Snow. I am sure there is an explanation to all this. You should rest, this baby and you need it." Granny said firmly, nudging Ruby to help her move the princess to a bed.

Nodding, the little wolf stood. "I'm sure he's fine, Snow. David said Frederic is his friend." She softly spoke.

The princess shook her head. "He should be here by now. Blue said the king wasn't happy with him." Snow insisted in a worried tone.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Will asked, stepping closer.

"Can you tell Blue that I wish to talk to her before she leaves?" The princess asked.

"Sure." The Merry Men nodded before he walked out of the room. As he crossed the heavy doors, the echo of heels filled the corridor walls. He suppressed a grin before the queen arrived.

As he saw the angry expression on the woman approaching, his grin died. "Hey. Be gentle, would you? Snow's pretty upset." He whispered softly.

Regina lifted her brows with his daring attitude. "As she should be, I assume." She batted.

Will sighed. "Just try to listen to what she has to say before you rip her head off, alright?" He added in a pleading tone.

The queen regarded him for a moment. Whatever was going on, it was bigger than she had expected. Maybe she was needed after all. "I'll see what I can manage." She replied before turning away from him and towards the room.

Snow White was sitting around a rounded table near the great windows of the conference room. She looked miserable while Granny and Ruby tried their best to make her rest. The princess' face shot up as soon as she heard Regina's steps.

"What is going on?" The queen demanded.

"Something is wrong with David. I can't reach him." The words left Snow's mouth as she were out of breath.

"David left? For what business?" Regina questioned impatiently.

"The prince told Snow White he would deal with King Frederic's situation and hasn't come back yet." John answered with his usual throaty voice.

"King Frederic's situation." Regina mimed his words, glaring furiously at her former stepdaughter, who crouched on her seat slightly.

King Frederic and her had a terrible relationship. Nottingham was one of the greatest realms of Enchanted Forest, second only to hers. The king and Regina maintained reasonable economics relations because both new that despite their troubled relationship, as rulers, they needed to think of what was best for their own.

Frederic's never-ending greed for power was only amplified by his staff, and there was not anyone the queen hated more than his sheriff.

If there was a problem with Frederic himself, she would bet the Sheriff was somehow involved. Suddenly, Regina couldn't think of anything worse than being locked in the same room he was in.