Dark One, I summon thee

Maleficent's eyes widened in horror. She moved towards him to help, but the creatures were faster than she expected.

"Diablo!" She called in frustration.

The man was being carried by the strangest animals she had ever seen. They were small, hairy and had dozens of eyes and arms all over their bodies.

"I can't move! It's like I'm glued on them!" Diablo managed to say as they kept pushing him away.

"Try not to move." Maleficent murmured as picked her staff, running towards him.

She pointed her magical artifact towards the group of monsters and threw at them a green shot of magic. They all started to fell at her attack and strangely disappeared through the floor, as if they melted. Relived, Diablo tried to stand, but was surprised by another pack of creatures that surged from de ground, wrapping their hands all over him. He hit one with his foot, but the monster just gave him an angry look.

That was when Diablo almost freaked out.

The beast opened his mouth and showed the him his big, sharp teeth. The creature moved closer and bitted his leg, making the man scream in pain. Maleficent thrusted her staff on the floor and closed her eyes.

A wave of green magic took over the place.

All the monsters melted for good, and Diablo fell, shaking oddly. The witch ran to him and quickly looked at the wound in his leg. There were three big holes in his leg and the veins near them were getting a light shade of grey.

Diablo looked at her with a sad smile. "Next time do that thing with your staff first." He teased, his voice hoarse.

Maleficent smiled sadly. "Let's get out of here. I'll fix it when the swamp ends. Can you walk?" She asked, concerned.

The man frowned and tried to stand up, causing him to feel dizzy. "Can you 'poof' us to someplace else instead?" He asked, pleading.

Maleficent nodded and hit her staff on the ground again. Immediately, they were involved by a green smoke.

--| |--

Cruella and Ursula had amused expressions on their faces. Things turned out quite surprisingly after Cora decided to pay the queen a visit.

"I've never seen her this messed up." Cruella pointed out, grinning slightly in adoration.

She had heard from the Queen of Hearts before, but she would never had expected her to be Regina's mother.

"From this day forward, I'm Cora's fan." Ursula added, smiling victoriously.

Rumple, however, wasn't that excited. Years ago, he would have been trilled. Regina and Cora's relationship was intriguing and had helped him manipulate his younger student many times before. Somehow, he was always involved. Without the queen's hatred he would never have succeeded on his plan. He would never be able to find Belfire again.

Now, he felt oddly sorry for Regina.

"If Cora used to be like that with her own daughter, why do you think she would have any time for fans? She would kill you in five seconds and so will Regina if you say that to her face." Rumple murmured, letting out a small snort.

"Will she? Oh, darling, you think we are weak. Ursula and I are one of the most powerful magical practitioners in the Enchanted Forest." Cruella responded in an amused tone.

The Dark One suppressed a laugh. "Oh, really? Isn't it a formidable coincidence that you two started to be recognized as a threat in the minute Cora, Regina and I were gone?" He responded, rolling his eyes.