Intimacy

They reunited in Regina's private living room - somewhere they could stay and not be bothered.

No. This wasn't an open meeting.

The group had to plan the trip that had a set date for the day after, and it wouldn't be just a simple walk through the kingdom, appreciating its beauty. Most of the things in Enchanted Forest had changed. According to the inhabitants, the ogres were still freely wandering around the known passages and occupying the roads.

Due to the problematic state of nonexistent security, Charming was listing what he judged as necessary baggage, noting everything down between food and weapons. "We pecked provisions for all of you tomorrow. Everything is settled." He stated, finally sitting down.

"Where exactly is Maleficent's castle?" Belle asked, since the subject was yet to be approached by the others.

"It's located on top of the Forbidden Mountain, but we're not actually going there. I believe the ritual was made in the forest surrounding the palace." Regina explained, looking carelessly at the fireplace next to her.

"We'll need to pass through Sherwood Forest to get there, then. But the common road is too dangerous to use." Granny pointed out, earning from Regina a roll of eyes.

It was absolutely unnecessary to consider any possibility of danger. In her mind, if they had her by their sides, no harm would come for those who wished to go. The queen didn't care if it was a bunch of thieves, assaulters or ogres who tried to stop them from getting answers - her magic was more than capable of solving the problem. Secretly, she was urging for some action. Being around fairies and the Charmings for so long always made her angsty.

Regina was oblivious to whatever David was mumbling about, but she snapped out of her thoughts when he was interrupted by a knock at the door. "Come in!" Snow exclaimed, taking a deep breath right after.

The door slowly opened, and Regina had to suppress a growl. What was he doing there?

"Apologies for the intrusion, but I was told you were asking for me?" An accented voice invaded the room as the thief's head appeared behind the heavy wooden doors.

"Yes, Robin. Please, come in." Charming answered politely, pointing to the chair next to him.

The thief nodded and walked in, studying the room with suspicious eyes. His gaze travelled through the others with a certain curiosity, but when he found the queen's eyes, his expression grew somehow amused. Regina sent a glare his way and quickly looked back at the cracking flames of the fireplace, missing just by a moment Robin's smirk.

"May I ask why I'm needed?" He questioned, lifting eyebrows as sat down.

"You know these woods pretty well. Am I correct?" Charming asked, casually.

"Sure, I grew up in them." The outlaw responded, trying to figure out where the conversation was going.

"Regina, Belle and Granny have a task on hands. They are going to search for any traces of a ritual we believe was casted in Forbidden Forest. I was hoping you could join them tomorrow." Snow explained, smiling warmly.

Woah. Hang on.

"What?" The queen asked in an indignant tone, glaring at her stepdaughter. "We haven't discussed about any of this!" Regina added, trying to calm her irritation by sighing inwardly.

What were they thinking? She was the queen.

"If we did, I'm sure your reaction wouldn't be any different." Charming commented, grinning.

"So what? Now you two are deciding everything? This is still my kingdom!" Regina said angrily, straightening her back.

"Well, if my company is needed, I don't mind joining, your majesty." Robin said, suppressing a laugh.