The Guardian

Regina looked up at Rumple, feeling anger boil the blood in her veins. As they stared at each other, she tried to fight the murderous feeling creeping its way inside of her.

She was no strange to rage. Anger and sorrow had always felt like fuel for her, and she was used to how her dark magic would quickly respond to it.

"You are the feast, and darkness has tasted you. It doesn't mind the bitterness."

These words never stopped echoing in her head. Rumple was right, and, in time, she grew familiar with the feeling of its claws on her. It was and always had been an unstable source of power.

But this was different.

It was like the magic surrounding the island urged them to lose control, as if it worked to bring out the worse in each one of them. That was Merlin's goal, to expose those with questionable intentions and dark hearts in order to protect his precious Thunder Stone.

Her mind went back to the drawings in the Temple's first room. She did not remember it properly since she had barely had time to take in her surroundings as she rushed herself into the building after running away from a deranged Dark One. The queen remembered seeing gemstones and goblets spread over the big room, as well as old drawings on its walls and ceiling.

She was so immersed in the experience that she did not bother to analyze it, but she was beginning to realize that, perhaps, it had been a huge mistake.

"How dare you?" Regina whispered icily to Rumpelstiltskin as she took a step away from Robin, who moved to a sitting position still on the floor.

"I have to admit dearie, I never though you would find yourself in this position again." Rumple sharply responded, glaring at her.

"Don't think for a second that you can hurt people I care about without retaliation!" The queen could not stop from yelling in her demanding tone, frustrated. Her skin tingled.

"Oh, dearie, is that a threat?" The Dark One exclaimed, lifting his head to face her as stepped closer. "All I see is a little girl trying to prove herself like old times, but guess what? Your mother is no longer watching, and you have no one to impress! You have become feared by many - oh powerful queen - but you have forgotten who I am. The Dark One!" Rumple yelled back.

He could not contain his anger. He would not admit someone thinking he could be told what to do, especially by one of his old students.

Regina's blood boiled, she had to dig her nails into her palms until it hurt wonderfully and bite her lower lip until the taste of blood reach her tongue to stop herself from losing control completely. "I'm not your student anymore. I don't care if the whole power-rangers team show up from darkness itself to protect you!" The queen yelled impatiently. "Do not underestimate me - oh powerful Dark One." Regina mimed his sarcastic tone with a one of her own. "I can be a far worse nightmare than you could possibly imagine." The queen bitted out, her voice now severe and authoritarian. The tone of a true monarch.

Rumple and Regina found themselves locked in each other's gaze, both trembling in anger. The queen knew it was not wise from her part to defy him, but she no longer cared. She was the Evil Queen after all. The Dark One, on the other hand, fought with every single nerve of his body to not kill the queen. He knew he needed her to solve their little... problem. She would be of better use alive.

Suddenly, however, as they stood oblivious to Ursula's movement, a desperate scream reverberated in the arena.

Snow, Charming and Tinkerbell were next to Robin, checking if he was alright. At the loud noise, they all looked at the goddess, startled, and so did Regina and the Dark One.