The Queen Of Hearts

Regina tried to stay emotionless, though she knew she wasn't doing a great job.

Before Cora died, the queen finally saw how much her mother loved her. Along Regina's childhood, Cora would never demonstrate any affection towards her simply because she wasn't able to feel any.

She was heartless.

It was ironic that the best memories she had of her mother happened moments before her death, and her happy family reunion lasted for a little more than five seconds. As soon as Regina placed her mother's heart back to where it belonged, the spell Snow casted took her mother's life.

She really didn't know what to feel as stared at her dead mother's face right now.

"Mother." Regina greeted, her voice low and collected.

"It seems you're having a little disagreement with your step daughter." Cora pointed out.

"Former." Regina corrected drily, earning from Snow a quick glance.

"I'm not sure about that. You two seem to be having quite a family moment." The Queen of Hearts murmured, walking towards the group. "We all know it isn't the first time you get angry with Snow White." She mocked.

Regina took a deep breath. Obviously, the island would show the worst of her mother. "Oh, that's hardly a secret. Everybody knows how much I hated her." She said indifferently.

The group watched the conversation in silence. Their eyes were glued on the Mills family, not exactly knowing how to behave. The tension in the air grew at each word spoken and no one was certain if it was better to hold their weapons on ready or simply run away.

There stood two of the most amazingly evil villains of the history of Enchanted Forest.

"Hated? You still do." Cora responded, sliming mischievously.

Regina didn't know how to answer that. Snow was a pain in the ass sometimes and they often spent the day arguing, but did they still hate each other?

"Whatever I feel for Snow White is none of your business." She bitted out, stepping closer.

"You won't talk to me like that." Cora responded in a low, imposing and cold tone.

The queen swallowed and blinked her eyes. It was annoying how her mother would still break her defenses so easily. "I grew up, mother. You don't scare me anymore." Regina answered, her voice hoarse.

Cora smirked. "I think it's best if we talk alone." She said slowly.

"Regina, I'm not living you alone with her." Robin murmured to the queen, who looked at him with uneasy eyes.

Cora looked straight at the outlaw, narrowing her eyes. "Well, well, well. What do we have in here?" She whispered, her cold eyes locking with Regina's.

The queen felt her heart tightening. Images of Daniel being killed flashed in her mind and her breathing got more accelerated. She closed her hands into a fist to stop the tremors and moved closer to Robin, who still had his eyes fixed on Cora.

"Look who finally found love again." The Queen of Hearts muttered sarcastically, stepping closer.

Regina shivered, and her stomach felt like a dead height inside of her. "Get away from him." She said in a firm tone and stepped between the two, suddenly feeling a strong need to protect the thief.

Her mother smirked knowingly. Her eyes getting darker. "Why are you looking for the stone? Do you really believe Henry wants you in his life? He has Emma." Cora commented, stepping even closer.