Chapter VI (corrected)

for some strange reason, wattpad only decided to post part of chapter 6, I don't know what was or what wasn't published, so I'm just reposting it. and wattpad, if you would be so kind as to propperly post this time, i would greatly appreciate it, k thanks!

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter VI: Tea Time?

I decided I'd give Millie and Angelica more time to 'adjust' to the idea that I was her stepdaughter and half-sister. Laurel came and knocked on my door about fifteen minutes after James left me there and I invited her in.

"Laurel, it's okay if I call you that right?"

"Of course, Lady Juliet,"

"Hey, you don't have to call me Lady every time we talk. You can just call me Juliet if you want. Most of my friends call me Jules back home." I offered. "It sounds weird and too official."

Laurel let out a small laugh. "You are a strange one, that's for sure."

"Good strange, like how peanut butter and oreos can be so amazing together, or bad strange like Lady Gaga fashion sense?"

Laurel started laughing again. "I'm not quite sure to be honest. You are going to change this place though. That is for sure."

"I don't really want to go down to dinner." I admitted, feeling sheepish. Since when was I nervous around people? This was weird of me.

"Why not?"

"I'm not comfortable around Millie and Angelica to be honest."

Laurel nodded. "They are a bit much at times."

My stomach growled.

Laurel gave me a knowing look. "I could bring you something from the kitchens, or you can brave them."

I nodded. She was right. I was a guest, I shouldn't have to hide. "Let me change really quick and I'll head down there. I pulled my suitcase into the bathroom and took the fastest bath of my life and was pulling on clothes that I was comfortable in. I had a pair of cropped shorts that had started life as jeans and a crimson fitted top. I was as ready as I was going to be to head downstairs. Laurel looked me over and there was something in her eyes I couldn't quite place, because as quickly as I saw it, it was gone. She governed her face back to the polite mask she always seemed to wear.

"You will definitely change things around here."

I smiled. "Can you show me to the dining room? I may forget to eat, but my stomach sure doesn't." I laughed.

Laurel showed me to the dining room and disappeared around the corner, leaving me alone. I took a deep breath and pushed the doors open. Millie, Angelica, and James were sitting at the table with a woman I'd never met before.

"Ah, how good of you to join us," Millie snorted sardonically.

"Juliet, this is one of my advisors, Carolynn." He indicated the plump woman sitting next to him. She had a cheery smile and was the only woman in the room not sneering at me.

"It's a pleasure," I smiled.

"Carolynn has helped Angelica and Millie with images and appearances. I'd like you to go shopping with her tomorrow. And she can help - " James started.

"I have a question." I interjected.

"Yes, love?"

"Are you planning on trying to change everything about me?"

James looked taken aback, Angelica covered a laugh up with a cough and Millie was staring at her dinner with an uninterested gaze. "What do you mean love?"