Chapter VII

This is dedicated to my nicola because she is awesome!

Last time I did this wattpad only posted half of it so I hope it works this time. I hope you guys enjoy <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter VII: Shopping is an Adventure

"So, you guys are the Prince and Princess?" I asked.

"Yes," Ian looked at me like I was an idiot and that look made me feel like I was.

"Hey, I'm new to the idea that I have a father let alone that I'm related to anyone important, let alone a queen." I looked around. "My cousins are the prince and princess . . ." I let that settle for a moment and sighed. "Nope, it still sounds weird even if I say it out loud."

Christine let out a bubbly laugh. "Relax." She smiled. "We're just like any other family." She assured me as we walked down to the limo.

"Except that my aunt and uncle rule a country, yeah," I shook my head.

"It's only a big deal if you make it one." Ian chided. For some reason, I felt like a toddler around him. I didn't like it.

"Let's go!" Christine grabbed my hand. "Lana, are you coming? Let's go! I need some new shoes anyway!"

"Wait, Christine, these shoes aren't meant to run in!" Lana gasped, breathless.

"Why did I have to come?" Ian groaned.

"Because I can't leave you alone," Lana started, "especially with that Amelia," she continued under her breath. I don't think Ian heard, but I did. We got into the limo and I sat next to Lana.

I nudged her side. "Who's Amelia?"

"What?" Lana asked surprised.

"Who's Amelia?"

Ian looked at me. "My girlfriend."

"Oh, is she nice?"

Ian looked around. "I think so."

Christine made a face. "When she isn't being a brat," Christine offered with a smile.

"She's meeting us there," Ian grumbled hitting Christine across the back of the head.

"Cool," I replied looking around. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to react. These were the royal children. But . . . they were also my cousins? I figured, if nothing else I could ask. "So, I'm kind of new at this . . . what do I do?"

Lana looked at me confused. "What do you mean?"

"How am I supposed to act? I'm kind of used to just saying and doing whatever I feel like. I get the funny feeling that's a bad idea."

"That would be because it is," Lana replied looking at me like I was an idiot. I couldn't argue with her response. "You must be new at this," she offered with a small laugh. "Just play it cool in the beginning. You don't have to change yourself but . . . you can be more discreet. And hold back a little bit."

I nodded. "Um, what if I haven't done so yet?"

"Start."

I nodded again.

We pulled up to the shopping district. "Are you ready?" Christine asked looking to me.

"Nope," I shook my head. "But then again, I never will be,"

"This will be fun," Christine giggled as she pulled me out of the limo. Ian held a hand over his face. I think he was dreading shopping as much as me. We weren't in the store ten minutes before Christine handed me an armload of clothes and pushed me into a dressing room.