Chapter XII

This is dedicated to Kryzme for three reasons, one, without her story politically incorrect this wouldn't exist so go read it, two, she's amazing, and three, she lovers Xavier

Sorry this took so long, i hope you enjoy <3

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter XII: Xavier

Gwen handed me a pair of pinstripe dress slacks a crimson top and a black blazer. "This will make you and your dad happy."

I dressed quickly and followed Gwen down to the parlor. She disappeared into one of the servant's secret passageways.

"Ah, Juliet, are you feeling better?" James asked, looking concerned.

"Yeah, a few extra hours so sleep can do wonders." I replied looking around. Millie was sneering at me as usual, Carolynn had a tired expression on her face, bags were under her eyes and there was another person. He had dark brown, almost black hair and deep chocolaty brown eyes. He looked a little older than me, but not by more than a few years. He also had a five o'clock shadow.

"Juliet, this is your advisor, Xavier Lewis. Xavier, this is my daughter, Juliet."

"It's a pleasure," I offered my hand. He shook it and turned to my father.

"I know this will be an uphill battle for you as you are starting with a challenge from the start." James started. "But I appreciate all that you can do."

Xavier nodded. "I will do what I can." Xavier turned to me. "Lana called and warned me a bit about you. She tells me you are more or less clueless. I hope to fix this. Lord Eastgate, with your permission I would like to show her how a lady behaves in public?"

"That sounds fine. Juliet, are you feeling up to it?"

"Sure,"

"Very well, behave yourself."

Xavier offered a hand and I took it. He led me outside to where a car was waiting. He gave me a stern look once we were seated comfortably. "Honestly, I was expecting worse."

"What does that mean?"

"It means Lana was damn near in hysterics when she called me. At least there is a lot that is right with you."

"How am I supposed to take that?"

"I am here to repair an image, and prevent further disasters. To do that, I'm going to teach you how to prevent these sorts of events from happening again. Because I'm good, I'm bloody brilliant when I have to be, but even I'm no god. To fix what happened will require a certain finesse. This will begin by image. I have some friends in high places, fortunately for you. I've called in a few favors. Today we will be meeting with several other people and create an approved, more appropriate image for you."

"Wait, what?"

"It doesn't really have to be who you are, but it will have to be who you are in the public eye. Does that make sense?"

"That's stupid,"

"That's politics." Xavier cut me off. The look he gave me made me not want to argue. "Politics are not about truth, but illusion and image. Your father is a politician and by extension you represent him. If he is unqualified to control a single unruly child how can he be qualified to make decisions for the good of the masses? Do you see what I'm saying?"

I sighed. It made sense.

"As you are not arguing with me, I imagine I'm getting through to you."

"I can see what you're saying, and I can even see the logic behind it and agree to it to some extent. But I can't agree to all of it."