Chapter XXVI

This is dedicated to malika7bajpai because she's awesome, it's that simple. She rocks my socks, so here's some Xavier just for her.

Good news my darlings, I got into my college of choice and will be attending in the spring! I am super excited and cannot wait! In the meantime however, it means I have two months to get all of my affairs in order, namely finding a new job, not that you guys care about that. Anywho, I thought I'd share my excitement and post for you all. Vote, comment, enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter XXVI: My Own Bed

"Well, since you're all settled, I figured I'd just stay in the guest room." Xavier sighed.

"We don't have a guest room."

"Don't be silly, of course you do. Down the hall - "

I sat bolt upright. "Please tell me you haven't been in there."

"Juliet, what's the problem?"

I jumped out of bed and opened the door and Xavier's suitcase was in there and it looked like he was starting to unpack. I felt the tears brimming before I knew what was going on.

"Juliet?"

"This is my mom's room."

Xavier pulled me against him and I let him hold me while I cried. "I'll stay on the couch then, I'll take everything out then. I'm sorry, I didn't know."

I shook my head. "It's, it's,"

Xavier was rubbing small circles. "This isn't good for you." He murmured against my hair. "Come on, back to bed." Xavier picked me up and carried me back to my bed. "You need sleep." He tucked me in and went to leave, but I grabbed his arm. I didn't want to be alone.

"Stay?"

"Are you sure? You need your rest."

"Just stay with me? Just for a little while?"

Xavier sighed. "If that's what you really want." I was curled under the blankets and Xavier laid on top of them next to me. He refused to get under with me, but let me cuddle up against him. He ran his fingers through my hair until I fell asleep.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you." Xavier murmured.

"It's alright. How long was I out?"

"A few hours."

"Did you say Amanda was staying at her parent's house?"

"Yes."

I nodded. "Want to watch a movie?"

Xavier smiled. "If you want to. What would you like to watch?"

"Ever seen Casablanca?"

Xavier shook his head.

"What?" I sat up. "Oh we are so watching it. I think this is my favorite movies of all time."

We sat and watched it. God how I love this movie.

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine." I smiled as I quoted the movie. I love Humphrey Bogart movies. I love Humphrey Bogart to be honest. He's one of the favorite actors of all time. Xavier chuckled and I looked over, he was not watching the movie, instead he was watching me. "Can I help you?"

Xavier shook his head. "No, I'm quite alright."

"Then I think I should tell you, the movie is that way, dude. You're missing it."