Chapter XIX

This is dedicated lovepink3000 for making me banners and also to the honey badger <3

Chapter XIX: Changing Tides

I stared into the icy blue eyes I had once loved. "How are you here?"

I saw that smile I knew all too well spread across his lips. "You know you missed me, Jules."

I shook my head. "What are you doing here?"

"Come on, baby. Don't act like you didn't miss me."

"Chase, I didn't miss you." I growled. "Why are you here?" I repeated. I felt my anger bubbling up. He knew how to press my buttons. If I wasn't careful, he was going to make me do something stupid. Chase smiled again. I knew that smile. I'd fallen for it when I was a stupid freshman. Back when I thought that smile was charming. Now I knew that smile meant he wanted something.

"Admit you missed me."

"I'm much happier without you in my life, thank you very much." I hissed.

"I find that hard to believe. You were only happy when I made time for you."

"Chase, I have no time for losers in my life anymore. I don't have time for you."

"You will make time for me." Chase replied flatly.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I have something you don't want to world to see."

I narrowed my eyes. "What could you possibly have?"

"You didn't know about it, but I like to keep things interesting in the bedroom. Sometimes I like to watch to improve my A game." I felt the color drain from my cheeks and the world started spinning. Chase sighed and was checking his nails, a confident smile on his face.

"Come again?"

"I recorded us. On video."

"Without my permission?" I choked out. This felt like so much of a violation. I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Technicalities. Besides, you would have said no."

He's damn skippy I would have. There is no way I would agree to that. Intimate moments should be kept intimate. Oh my god, how could he have done that?

"Wh-what are you planning on doing with that?"

"If you do what I want, then I'll give it to you. If not, I'll just go to the paparazzi. They won't care if you agreed or not. All they'll care about is the fact that it will be out there for the world to see."

"What do you want?" I asked, covering my face with my hand. I felt the tears coming. This was bad.

"I want to slingshot off of your new found fame. See, my music career isn't where I want it to be right now. I don't have the fame I want. Buuuuut," he gave me a pointed look. ", the Duke of Windsor's daughter's boyfriend's band gets a lot more attention off the bat. I want it. This is a big decision. I'll give you some time to think it over. You have seventy-two hours. I will get a hold of you. Good night Jules, always a pleasure."

I felt my knees go weak as he sauntered off. I fell to the ground feeling numb. Oh dear god. What was I going to do?

"Juliet?" I heard Xavier calling me from behind but it felt like I was underwater. Hearing, but not. "Juliet, what's going on?"

I was staring at the spot where Chase had stood minutes ago. How had he found me? How could he do that to me? After all that he had already put me through . . . now this too . . . he was evil. There was no other word for him.