Chapter XXI

Alright lovelies, I'm going to spoil you all, because this is going to be a short chapter, there will be another one as well, the two chapters just didn't go together so I broke them up.

Chapter XXI: Home

Xavier's POV

The sheer determination on her face told me there was no persuading her otherwise. I sighed. "Very well, Juliet. If you feel you have to do this, I will support you."

I saw her relax. I hated to see her stressed out. Last night, everything changed. "Thank you, Xavier."

I had to keep myself in check. I felt this cold rage boiling in my veins. I had phone calls to make.

"Juliet, if you'll excuse me." I bowed myself out and retreated to the room Fiore had allotted us. It didn't take me long to know exactly who this Chase Evans fellow was. I knew just the sort I was dealing with. I was surprised Juliet had fallen for him, and not at the same time. He was 'player status' and would know all the ways to charm a girl like Juliet off her feet. She was sweet, innocent, and trusting. A dangerous combination. I would have to watch him closely. Who knows what he might play at? He already was blackmailing her. I would make him pay. I couldn't wait to give him the opportunity. I was quite looking forward to the chance to hit him. Blokes like him shouldn't be allowed to breathe the same air as a girl like Juliet.

I couldn't stop thinking about last night. She didn't remember. I could kill Fiore for whatever she had given Juliet. I couldn't stop thinking about last night and she couldn't remember it. Of course, maybe that was just as well. My actions have been far from professional since I met Juliet. How could I be stupid enough to get emotionally involved? That was the first and most important rule. Emotions needed to be taken out of the equation to make clear, logical decisions. I was going to find out what Chase didn't want the world to know.

Juliet's POV

I knew what I was going to do, trouble was keeping it quiet and clean. All I had to do was bide my time. Sure enough after Chase called me on the third day.

"Hello?"

"Hello Jules," his voice purred.

"How did you get this number?"

"Same way I found you. I have resources."

"Great. Get to the point."

"Have you made your decision?"

"I have."

"And?"

"There will be ground rules if we agree to this."

"Such as?"

"It's all an act. You understand, that right? I will play nice in public, but I have no intention of actually dating you."

"Of course not."

"So long as we're clear. And there are limits. There are thing that I simply will not allow."

"Sounds fair."

"And if anyone gets a hold of that tape, you understand how fucked your world will be?"

"Jules, aren't I a man of my word?"

"No."

"Ouch," I could hear the smirk across the phone. I really hated that arrogant ass sometimes.

"I mean it, Chase. I will fuck your world up, got that?"

"Alright Juliet. I hear you. Now, when do you want to start this?"