Chapter XXV

Alright my lovelies, I'm sorry that this is late and short, but I've had writer's block. However, it's over and things are about to get fun :D well for me anyway BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHA *ehem* I mean yes, well here it is

______________________________________________________

Chapter XXV: Hospitals Suck

When I woke up my throat hurt and I had the strangest sensation in my nose. I heard this annoying beeping noise. My eyes felt so heavy, but I opened them with more effort than there should have been. I looked down at my arm and saw an IV, the beeping was a heart monitor. I had tubes in my nose and down my throat. That was why my throat hurt. I felt something in my hand. I looked down and saw Xavier sleeping by my bedside, his hand resting in mine.

I must have shifted or something because he stirred. I smiled until I saw the bags under his bloodshot eyes. "Are you alright?" I asked, suddenly concerned.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine. How are you feeling?"

"Awkward. Why are there all the wires and tubes?"

Xavier looked grim for a moment and pursed his lips. "There was a complication."

"What?"

"When you got upset, your heart rate sped up, and basically you started bleeding again. They managed to stop it, and you've been sedated for the past two weeks."

"TWO WEEKS!" I sat up, and felt the tubes and the IV pull, then the pain in my ribs, and then everything started hurting. My head ached and was throbbing, my ribs hurt, all of my muscles were sore.

"Juliet, you have to keep calm or they will sedate you."

"What about Angelica?"

Xavier smiled at me, it was almost a condescending smile, one that seemed to say you're a silly little girl. "It's been two weeks Juliet, that is handled."

A nurse picked now to bustle in. "You're awake, eh child?" the nurse asked, she had dark skin and dark hair that was in neat dreads and fell almost to her waist. "Good, that medicine they were givin ter ya wasn't no good for yer heart anyway." She said, her island accent thick. "But it keeps ya from bleedin' out, which is good fer keepin' ya alive." She smiled at me. "I'm Daphne and I'll be yer nurse for at least the next seventy-two hours. Now, you boy, need to give us some privacy." She told Xavier and he looked about to argue but Daphne put a hand on her hip. "Don't ye be sassin' me, boy neither. I don't have to let you in here. This girl needs her rest, and her dressin' need be changin' and I won't be havin' ya in here like some peepin' Tom. Get going, boy."

"I'll be back as soon as I can, Juliet." Xavier sighed and left, closing the door behind himself.

"Well, Juliet, is that boy yer Romeo?" Daphne joked.

I shook my head. "No, he's just my advisor."

"Advisor?"

"Yes."

"He wants to be doin' more than advisin', child."

"I don't know."

"That boy hasn't left yer side since we had to put ya under."

"You mean since he got back?"

"No, girlie, I mean he hasn't left."

"What about Angelica?"

"She came and said goodbye to ya, and she cried when she saw ya like that, but another woman, Carol I think her name was, took her away."

"It was probably Carolynn then . . ."