Chapter VIII

Special thanks to surfchica77, thank you for fanning me <3

I hope all is well with all of you, things are interesting for me at the moment, but I hope you enjoy this segment <3

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter VIII: Exploring

I felt more comfortable letting Fiore dress me than Christine. Ian had changed into a pair of baggy jeans and a t-shirt and was wearing a pair of dark sunglasses and conductor's hat. I had on a Ramones t-shirt, a pair of shredded jeans, a pair of bright orange aviator shades and a fedora. Fiore was wearing a purple shirt-dress with black leggings and checkered converse and a top hat.

"The media aren't allowed on my property for fear I will stab them with one of the antique swords or something equally offensive. But once you leave, you two are on your own. I've sent for a car, it's less conspicuous, I'm leaving in the limo. They'll probably follow me, if they don't do the car switcheroo. Good luck, welcome to the chaos. And Ian, come see me soon." Fiore pulled Ian into a hug and kissed him on the cheek. "Just don't be stupid." Fiore warned him before pulling me into a hug. "Good luck."

We waited about fifteen minutes then got into the car she called.

"It's not so bad once you get used to it" Ian assured me.

I nodded. "I'm sorry if what I said earlier upset you."

"You didn't upset me."

"Okay. I have this tendency to open mouth insert foot."

"That must taste lovely," Ian teased.

"I don't know what I'm doing here." I admitted.

"Does anyone?"

"It doesn't make sense."

Ian sighed and leaned back into. Ian looked at me. "Would it make you feel better if I said my life didn't make sense either?"

I shrugged. "Maybe a little."

Ian looked at the roof of the car then back at me. "I'm torn. I'm the heir to the throne, and as such I have responsibilities. I have to maintain an image, I have to prove to my country and the world that I am worthy of what has been placed upon my shoulders. I have to base every decision on things like that. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have someone telling you when and where to be twenty-four seven? Someone telling you what you can wear, what you can eat, who you can talk to, or worse who you can love?"

I shook my head. "I have no idea. I've always just kind of done whatever I felt like." I hung my head. "You're like something trapped at the zoo. You're like a tiger, you're pretty to look at, but you aren't happy. You want to be out free living as you choose. Not having someone schedule your life for you . . . we're incognito right now,"

"Yes,"

"Any chance you might want to go exploring?"

"Exploring?"

"Yes, exploring."

"What would you like to explore?"

"I've never been to England, so anything. I haven't really seen anything other than Eastgate estate. Can't you show me the sites?"

Ian sighed. "I'm probably going to regret this, but sure." Ian looked deep in thought for a long moment. "Let's go to London."

"Okay."

"But no one can know who we are."

I nodded. "Want to use codenames?" I smirked.

Ian rolled his eyes. "What did I just get myself into?"