Chapter XXII

• Dedicated to All of my Fans

Okay and here is that next chapter, I hope you all enjoy! Thank you all for the comments and votes and fanning! I appreciate all of you!

Chapter XXII: Normal?

After three days of hiding out and spending all my time surfing I was ready to let a few people know I was back. It was lonely since I'd been back. Amanda had tried to talk to me, but she was busy with school, work, and Maverick. As much as everything was the same, it was all different.

This was home. It always had been. I walked into my mom's old room and her smell still filled it. I took a deep breath and sat on the edge of her bed. God I missed her. She'd know what to do. She'd tell me how to deal with this. I grabbed one of her pillows and cuddled with it and started crying. I couldn't tell you why I was crying, just that I suddenly felt like everything was falling apart. What was happening to me?

I woke up and looked around. I'd cried myself to sleep. I sighed and put the pillow back and set it just right and closed mom's room off once again. I turned on my old phone and called an old friend.

"Hello?"

"Hey,"

"Jules? Is that really you?"

"Yes,"

"Well, I'll be damned. Welcome back, princess."

"It's good to be back. It's good to be back."

I arranged to meet up with a few old friends at the current bar they were frequenting.

"Preston!" I ran up and hugged him.

"Lookie here, our little Jules went and grew up without us." Preston teased. Preston was like my big brother. He was taller than me and a little stocky. His brown hair had been cut since I'd last seen him and instead of his shaggy style he used to wear, it was now very businesslike.

"How are you?"

"Great! I've missed you."

I had a few beers, met Preston's new girlfriend Ellie, and the ever wonderful former best friend Hailey.

"Hey," she smiled awkwardly. "Sorry about the way we met last."

I rolled my eyes and did my best to ignore her.

"Juliet, I really miss our friendship." Hailey pouted.

"Well, whose fault is that?"

"Juliet, come on, what do I have to do?"

I looked thoughtful for a moment. "Okay, here's what you do, build a time machine, go back in time, and don't screw my boyfriend."

"You forgave Chase." Hailey grumbled and Preston spun around.

"Wait? What?" I glared at Hailey. "Jules, did Hailey say you forgave Chase?"

"She did, but I haven't."

"They why are you back with him?" Hailey whined.

"Juliet?" Preston asked, raising an eyebrow. "What's going on?"

I sighed. I really didn't want to have to explain myself. "Preston, it's a long story and I don't want to get into it tonight. I'll let you know, just not tonight. Tonight, I want to enjoy myself. Okay?"

"Alright, but you owe me an explanation." Preston sighed. "Do a shot with me."

A few more shots in and I was starting to feel like I was really back home. A few good friends, a few good drinks and I was in a pretty good mood.