Chapter XXVIII

Yay! I'm updating! Aren't I spoiling you, two updates in one week :D I want to thank everyone who's added Royal Pain in the Ass to their library, voted, or fanned, because you're all awesome!!!!! i love you all!!!! Now I had time to write, so I have this for you!!! So you should vote now and enjoy!

___________________________________________________

Chapter XXVIII: It Runs in the Family

Saturday came faster than I wanted to. I was more nervous than I wanted to admit. Lillian came through and made me a gorgeous knee length apple green halter dress. Lillian was a good friend of mine I used to party with back in the day but she was well on her way to being a fashion designer.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah,"

"Why exactly are you driving?"

"Because I want to be able to leave whenever I want."

"And they would hinder this?"

"I've met the Evans for a while, they're not bad people, but Senator Evans is known for getting his way."

"I see. You look lovely, by the way."

"Thank you."

I got in and drove to Chase's house. Chase's house kind of reminded me of my father's estate, but on a much smaller scale. A valet parked it and Xavier escorted me inside.

"Name?"

"Juliet Benn."

"And who is your guest?"

"My date."

"I have you listed at Chase Evan's date."

"Your list is wrong."

"The list is never wrong."

"Then how about we ask Richard his opinion?"

"Senator Evans?"

"Who else would know for certain?

"Is there a problem?" came a smooth voice that I wanted to punch.

"Why am I listed as your date?" I growled.

"Because you are."

"No, I'm not. Xavier is my date." I snipped. "If this is a problem then I'll leave right here, right now."

"Ah, my mistake, let them in Gunther." We made our way in about ten paced when Chase grabbed my arm and pulled me aside. "What the fuck was that?"

"Let go of me Chase, you're hurting me." I growled back.

"Why are you embarrassing me?" Chase squeezed my arm and a moment later Xavier was between us, I was behind him.

"Keep your hands to yourself and do not ever lay hands on a lady again, especially not this one." Xavier warned. "You are lucky she agreed to this, if she were sensible you would already be back in police custody. I do believe your prison system loves women beaters." Xavier's arm went around my shoulders and he led me away. "This is why I didn't want you to come." He whispered to me. "I worry about things like that happening."

I nodded.

"What would you have done had I not intervened?"

I shrugged. "Chase would have stopped before I made a scene, but I don't really know. I'm not sure who Chase is anymore." I replied as I rubbed my arm.

"Are you hurt?" Xavier gingerly took my arm and examined it. "If he touches you again, I will make a scene, this will be a police crime scene. Do I make myself clear?"