Asking For Your Father's Blessing

**Your P.O.V.**

I am sitting in my parent's living room next to Niall. I still can't believe he showed up at my door this morning! I was completely caught off guard! He told me him and the guys were going to be in London working on the next album for the next week until the tour starts. But he is actually going to be spending the week with me! I am so excited.

We were at my mom and dad's because they had planned to have the whole family over for lunch that day. They were so excited when they heard Niall was in town. They haven't seen him in almost eight months!

Niall had his arm around my shoulders as I leaned into his chest. It had been a couple months since I had seen him and he had kept his arm around me since this morning when he surprised me.

"Hey me and your brother and Nick are going to a baseball game this afternoon. Niall would you wanna come with?" My dad asked.

I smiled. I loved that my brother, dad, and sister's fiancé wanted to include Niall in on their guy day together.

Niall looked at me, almost as if he was asking if it was okay if he went.

"Do you care? I know we were going to spend that afternoon together..."

"Go ahead, Ni. It's okay. Besides you and I have all week to spend together." I said.

"Okay, I'll be back later on!" He said.

He leaned over and gave me a peck on the cheek before standing up to leave with the other guys.

**Niall's P.O.V.**

I was relieved when Y/N's dad and the other guys asked me to tag along to the game. It was the perfect time to talk to Y/N's dad about the proposal. I knew he liked me and he has said before that he sees me being with Y/N for a long time, but I want to do all of this right. So I need to asking him for his blessing. I just hope he says yes. She's only 20, and we've only been together for a couple years. Would he think it's too soon? Or would he be worried because my career and schedule are crazy right now? Maybe he wouldn't want her married to someone who is gone so much. But she could come on tour with me and see me every day!

Y/N's dad and I have always gotten along. So I know I really shouldn't be so nervous to ask for her hand but I can't help it. I mean maybe he wouldn't want her to marry someone who is in the spotlight. I mean things are going to get really crazy for Y/N and I if we get engaged. She is going to be the center of attention, not just me anymore. Would he want her to be the center of attention?

I just needed to relax. I was stressing out over nothing. I mean it's Y/D/N. Him and I have a good relationship. He is like a second dad to me. He has welcomed me into his home and the family since the first time we met. There is nothing to be nervous about...other than that I am asking his youngest daughter for her hand in marriage.

We pull up to the arena and get out of the car. A few girls notice me and start walking up to us. I take a few quick pictures before we hurry into the arena. Mark and another security guy is waiting for us at the door. I'm hoping they can help keep the fans back. I really want this to just be a relaxing day out with the guys. I have enough on my mind without worrying about fans.

We get into the arena and grab some drinks and nachos before we head to our seats. I notice a few fans are taking pictures of me on their phones. I am sitting between Y/N's dad and her brother. We still have about twenty minutes before the game starts. I'm hoping I can slip in the big question before the game starts.

We start talking about who's playing. Apparently Y/N's brother roomed with one of the players last year during his final year at college. I try to focus on the conversation as much as I can but I can't help but think about the big question. I need to ask him before I go insane.

"Hey we are going to run to the bathroom. We'll be right back." Y/N's brother says before him and Nick get up.

This gives me the perfect opportunity to talk to Y/N's dad alone. It's not that hard. I just need to spit it out and hope for the best. I don't even know why I'm so nervous. I perform in front of thousands of people every night, why is asking a simple question so nerve racking?

"Niall is everything okay? You seem like something is on your mind." Her dad says.

"Well...actually...I wanted to talk to you about something..." I say nervously as I put my hand on the back of my neck. How do I find the right words to say what I need to say?

"Well what is it Niall? You know you can talk to me about anything. You're like a son to me." He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"There's something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. I love Y/N. She's beautiful and smart and funny. She makes me happier than I've ever been. And she makes me a better person and I want to give her the world because she deserves it. And I really want to ask her to marry me, but I want to know that I have your blessing before I do it." I say nervously looking at her dad.

A smile spreads across his face before he stands up and pulls me in for a hug.

"Welcome to the family Niall! Of course you have my blessing! You are already like a son to me, this is just making it official!" He said.

I let out a sigh of relief. It feels so good to know that I have his blessing. A smile spreads across my face. I haven't been this happy in a long time!

We sit back down before I look over at him once again. I can't stop smiling now that I know I have his blessing. All that's left to do is ask Y/N the big question.

"I'm really happy for you both Niall. I honestly can't see Y/N with anyone but you! And I know you will make an amazing husband and father one day!" He says.

"Thank you! It means a lot to me!" I say.

Just then Y/N's brother and Nick come back over. Me and Y/N's dad are both smiling like idiots and they give us confusing looks.

"Did we miss something?" Y/N's brother asks.

"Niall is going to ask your sister to marry him." Her dad says.

Her brother's face lights up as he looks at me. I stand up, and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Welcome to the family!" He says in my ear.

"Thanks man!" I say.

We sit back down just as the game is about to start. They announce the teams and the players come running out and start

The rest of the game is spent joking and laughing with the guys! I am finally relaxed and can just enjoy myself now that the weight is lifted off my shoulders. The team we were cheering for ended up winning which was just a plus!

When we get back to the house Y/N and her family are in the backyard. Her brother's twin boys are playing in the pool while Y/N, her sister, her sister-in-law, and her mom watch from the lounge chairs.

I walk over to Y/N and lean in to give her a kiss. I pull away and she smiles at me.

"Did you have fun?" She asks.

"Yeah it was a good time! And we won!"

"That's awesome babe!" She says smiling. God that smile is so perfect. She is so beautiful when she smiles. I mean she is beautiful all the time but she is especially beautiful when she smiles like that.

She slides over on the lounger to give me enough room to sit down. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her temple. It feels so good to have her in my arms after being apart for so long. I'm hoping after the proposal I can bring her with me on tour. There is going to be a lot of planning to do for the wedding, and I'm hoping she will let me help out with it.

"I love you," I whisper in to her ear.

"I love you too Nialler," she says back before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

I look over to where Y/N's dad and brother are standing. They both smile at us. I see a genuine smile on her dad's face as he looks at us. She is the last of his kids to get married, and I think he is happy to know that I am planning to propose and settle down with her.

I haven't told him or any of her family that I plan on proposing sometime this week. I want it to be a total surprise.