Shopping for the Rings

You and Niall were in New York City because the boys were doing appearances to promote the album. You were also working on the wedding while you were there. Today you were going to the jewelry store to pick out your wedding bands.

You and Niall walked into the jewelry store and were greeted by one of the clerks.

"Hello! Are you just looking today? Or is there something I can help you find?" One of the men behind the counter asked.

"We're here to look at wedding bands." You told the clerk excitedly.

"Alright, we have a selection over here. Let's see if we can help you find what you're looking for!"

"Is there a certain style or look we're going for?" He asked.

"I don't know anything about rings, so you'll have to ask her," Niall admitted.

"Um probably something more simple. I don't think either of us want anything to flashy." You said.

"And is there a price point we're looking to keep it under?"

You looked at Niall and Niall instantly turned to the clerk.

"Not really. As long as we both like it, that's what matters." Niall said.

"Let's start with the lovely misses first. Can I take a look at your engagement ring? We want to make sure your wedding band compliments it, and doesn't distract from it." He said.

You extended your hand and he examined the engagement ring Niall had given you. Then he took a look at the variety or rings in front of him.

"Okay, so this is a classic look. A lot of customers enjoy this style of ring. It's a 1/4 ct total weight of shimmering round diamonds that encircle a classic anniversary band. It compliments almost any engagement ring and adds beauty without pulling away from the engagement ring." He said.

You took the ring from him and slid it on your left hand next to your engagement ring. You had to admit it was beautiful next to your engagement ring.

"It's beautiful," you said as you smiled at it, and looked over at Niall.

"You like that one, princess?" Niall asked.

"Yes! It's beautiful." You said.

Niall took your hand and examined the ring. He smiled as he looked up at you.

"I like it too. It's beautiful, just like you." He said.

"We also have one similar to it, but it has round sapphires instead of diamonds on it. A lot of women love the extra pop of color it offers." The clerk said as he traded the first band for a second one.

You slid the ring on your hand, and examined it. It was pretty, you couldn't deny that, but it definitely wasn't what you were looking for. Niall agreed. He didn't seem to care for it.

The third ring he had you try on was a simple anniversary band that had alternating diamonds and sapphires. It was beautiful, and you liked it much more than the all sapphire band. But Niall didn't seem to care for it. He kept looking at the first ring.

"Do you have a favorite of the three?" The clerk asked.

"I really like the first one." You said. "What do you think Ni?"

"I like the first one too." He said.

You then switched to men's wedding bands. Niall tried on two simple round bands. One in gold and one in white gold to see which color he preferred. He liked the white gold better than the yellow gold.

The first ring the clerk gave Niall was a simple white gold band that had some grooved details in it. Niall didn't get very excited about it, so you knew he didn't really like it.

The second ring they showed him had channel set diamonds set one atop the other at the center of the ring. On either side of the diamonds were princess cut blue sapphires that were sitting on top of each other also.

"I like this one." Niall said.

You were a little surprised. You really didn't think Niall would like a ring that had diamonds or stones on it.

The third ring they showed him had a series of alternating princess cut diamonds and blue sapphires arranged on a diagonal that went across an overly lapping band.

"Is there one you like out of the three?" The man asked.

"I really like the second one." Niall said.

You and Niall each slid the bands you had chosen on your fingers and then held your hands up next to each other. You thought the two rings complimented each other.

"I think they're perfect." You said.

"I agree, I really like them." Niall said.

The clerk put the two rings in a gray box, and Niall paid for them. Niall put the box in his pocket so that they wouldn't get lost.

As you were walking out of the store Niall took your hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I love you princesss, I can't wait to marry you!" He said.

"I can't wait to meet you either Ni!" You said.

He smiled and then leaned over and gave you agentle kiss on the cheek.    

**AUTHOR'S NOTE**

Hey guys! I want to say a couple things! First THANK YOU so much for all the votes and reads! It's been a couple weeks since I've been on Wattpad. When I left I had a little over 2k reads and now I have 5k reads! I can't believe it! You are all amazing! And I'm glad you are enjoying what I write!

Second I want to apologize for not updating in a while. I recently switched jobs and took a vacation to Dallas and saw 1D perform at the Jingle Ball! So I've been super busy and haven't had a lot of free time to write!

Thank you again for all the votes and reads! It really means the world to me!

xxxKaley