Picking the Bridesmaid Dresses

You had all the bridesmaids in London for a girl's weekend. It was the first time all eight of the girls were going to be around each other. So far everyone was getting along great! You couldn't be any happier!

You were in a little café down the street from where you and Niall lived. You were having lunch before you headed to the bridal salon to look at bridesmaid dresses. You were hoping that you would be able to find the perfect dresses since all of the girls were with you. It would be nearly impossible to get all of the girls together again until right before the wedding.

You exchanged a lot of laughs, and even took a few pictures with the girls before you headed to the salon. All of you walked into the salon. The young woman sitting behind the desk welcomed you with a warm smile.

"Welcome, how can I help you ladies today?" She asked.

"We have an appointment for bridesmaid dresses." I said with a big smile.

"Perfect! What is the name the appointment is under?" She asked.

"Y/N Horan," I said.

"Alright I will let your consultant know you're here. You can go ahead and take a seat over in the waiting area and she will be out in just a few minutes." She said.

"Alright, thank you!" I said smiling.

We sat in the waiting area for about ten minutes until the consultant came over to us.

"Wow big group today! Who is the bride?" She asked.

"I am!" I said raising my hand and smiling.

"Hi I'm Catherine, and I'll be your consultant today." She said extending her hand to me.

"I'm Y/N," I said as I smiled at her.

"And who did you bring with you today?" She asked.

"These are my bridesmaids. This is Y/Sister/N, and she is the maid of honor. Then we have Sophia, Lou, Lottie, Gemma, Denise, Anna, and Y/Friend/Name." I said as I went down the line.

"Nice to meet all of you! What are we looking for in bridesmaid dresses?" She asked.

"Well the colors are blush pink and gold so I would like the dresses to be a light pink color." I said.

"Okay, do we want all the same dresses or different dresses?" She asked.

"I would like to have them all wearing the same, but I'm open to trying mix and match dresses." I said.

"Okay, and are we looking for short or long dresses?" She asked.

"I like short dresses, especially since it's a summer wedding. I don't want them to get too warm." I said.

She led us back to the floor of the bridal salon. All of us began going through the racks. We each had 1 dress picked out, and we decided to try those on before we picked anymore dresses.

The first three dresses were misses. Nothing about them really appealed to you. The fourth dress you did like. It was a light blush, knee length, all over lace dress. It had straps and had a flowy skirt. The girls were about half and half on it. Some liked it, some didn't.

The next dress was another knee length dress. It was a light blush color and had a sweetheart neckline. There was also a tulle skirt that flowed away from your body from your natural waist. It was too "princessy" It was the cliché bridesmaids dress, and you didn't like that. You wanted the girls to stand out.

The next dress hit slightly above the knee on your leg, and had a sweetheart neckline. It had an all over floral pattern. You loved the dress, but Lou was the only girl out of the group that liked it.

You were beginning to feel frustrated, and you worried that you would never find the perfect bridesmaid dress.

"Don't worry love, we'll find it. We can't give up after only three or four dresses," Sophia said. She could tell that you were starting to get frustrated.

"How about we try everyone in different dresses, instead of everybody in the same dress." Catherine suggested.

"Okay," you agreed. At this point you were willing to try anything.

The girls all went back to the dressing room while you stayed with Lux and Theo. A few minutes later all the girls came out, and your lips curved into a smil.e

You didn't initially want mix and match bridesmaid dresses, but now that you were seeing them, you absolutely loved them together!

Each of the girls were in a completely different dress, but they fit very well together. You could also see how happy each of the girls was wearing a dress they had picked for themselves.

All of the dresses were knee length, and the blush color you wanted. But each of the dresses had something a little different that made them unique.

The more you looked at the mix and match dresses, the more you liked them. You liked that each girl would be a little different than the others. You didn't want all 8 of them to be in the exact same dress. You wanted each of them to stand out a little bit.

"So Y/N, are these the dresses you want to go with?" Catherine asked.

"Yes!" I said smiling.

 The girls all got fitted and the dresses were ordered. You walked out of the salon with a huge smile on your face. You officially had the bridesmaids dresses picked. You were one step closer to becoming Mrs. Horan!