Chapter 29

(A/N: Okay first off, THANK YOU FOR 5k READS JFC I DIDN'T EVEN EXPECT TO GET THAT MANY! SO THANK YOUUUU! And I'll be leaving for Hawaii on Thursday so I won't be able to update a lot, but I'll write a few chapters on the plane and maybe publish them at the hotel. Oh and I GOT TICKETS FOR OCTOBER 18TH SHOW AT OAKLAND AND I CRIED.)

-------------

Leah's POV:

11:30PM

"I'm so tired," I mumbled as I flopped onto my bed. I grabbed one of my pillows and hugged it.

My room was almost all empty. I can't believe I was actually leaving. I can't believe I was leaving Tyler. God. This is gonna suck without him around. I just love him too much I just can't believe I'm leaving. What am I gonna do without him?

Right before my eyelids started to close, I heard tapping on my window. I forgot Tyler was coming over. I got out from under the covers and opened my window. He climbed in and placed a kiss on my forehead and pulled me into a bone crushing hug, which made my feet lift a few inches off the ground. He carried me to my bed and put my down on his lap. He slid his arms around my torso and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Hi," I laughed softly.

"Hey," he chuckled, "how are you?"

"Sore," I huffed.

"I knew I should've helped you. It would hurt less," he said.

"I had my brother, mom, and dad. It's okay," I said, "probably wouldn't have hurt at all if I didn't have to leave," I said sadly.

"I can't believe you're leaving in 5 days," he said.

"I don't want to leave," I huffed, "I don't wanna leave you."

"We'll FaceTime, talk everyday, and Snapchat," he said, "but we can't cuddle over FaceTime," he sighed.

"Yeah. You can't give me your giant bone crushing hugs either," I complained.

"You can't give me kisses either," he whined.

"We'll hang out over break when we go back home," I said.

"Yeah. But I kiss you and hug you and give you cuddles and tickle you and hear your adorable laugh every single day," he said as he held me tighter

"Why does growing up have to be so hard?" I whined.

"It'll be all worth it at the end," he said.

"Let's go," he said.

"Where?" I asked.

"The park," he said.

"Sure. If you want to die," I laughed.

"We aren't going to die. I'll protect you," he said as he held me tighter.

"Alright," I said as I got up and stretched. He wrapped he arms around my waist while I was stretching and rested his head on my shoulder.

"We aren't going to move if you keep doing this," I laughed. He laughed and let go of me and we quietly walked out my front door.

Once we got out of the house he wrapped his arms around me again and waddled as we walked.

"What're you doing?" I laughed.

"I said I was going to protect you, so I'm protecting you," he smiled. I giggled and kissed his cheek and we continued to walk to the park.

Once we arrived, we sat on a bench under a lamppost. The park was quiet and empty.

"This is the place where I saw you with your Ukulele for the first time, remember?" he asked.

"Yeah. How did you remember?" I smiled.

"How could I forget? I couldn't stop thinking about you that day and I didn't know why. But now I do," he said, "I was like, 'wow. She's pretty cool and really pretty. I want to be around her every day. But she probably doesn't like me.'"

"But look where we are now," I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

"And I can't be more grateful," he said as he held my hand.

"When we first hung out I thought you were really cool and really nice. And you looked pretty damn cute too," I chuckled.

"Oh really? 'Pretty damn cute' huh?" he said as he raised an eyebrow.

"Don't push it," I said as I nudged his arm.

"Pretty damn cute," he mumbled and chuckled.

"I'm gonna slap you," I said jokingly.

"What? You're gonna slap this 'pretty damn cute' face?" he laughed.

"You're lucky I love you, because you'd probably be at the hospital right now," I laughed.

"You mean my 'pretty dam-"

"Actually, stop. Or else you get no cu-"

"I'LL STOP!" he yelled as he raised both his hands up. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek.