9 - The Funeral

Disclaimer: I do not own the song written into this chapter, all rights got to Hunter Hayes!!!

A/N

Here's this week's update! This is sort of a filler chapter but it's cute :3 Sorry about the spacing, I dont know what's going on. :S

Pic of Sophie Thomas to the side :)

                                   «»  

9 - The Funeral

JUSTIN

I look terrible, I thought, looking at myself in the mirror in Sam's bathroom. There were dark purple bags under my eyes, which were red and puffy from crying constantly. I hadn't been sleeping well between my depression and the fact that every time I fell asleep, I relived the few hours after I got home, when my dad ...

I shook my head, tears coming to my eyes. I couldn't think of that right now.

Today was the date that Sam's family and I had chosen for my mom's funeral. How the hell was I going to get through this? If it hadn't been for the Thomas' support and care, I have no idea where I'd be now.

I was shaken from my thoughts by the sound of a door opening and closing again. Then arms slid around my torso and I leaned back into Sam's chest, welcoming the warmth and comfort it brought.

"Ready to go babe?" Sam looked at me sympathetically.

I heaved a huge sigh, "Ready as I'll ever be."

He took my hand and led me downstairs to where his parents were waiting. I looked at Sophie sadly, her eyes were teary but caring. She embraced me, saying that they were going to be right there with me.

"Thank you," I managed, hugging her back.

Bryan clapped me on the shoulder and gave me a kind look, "Shall we go?"

I could only nod.

                                 «»  

The funeral was short and private. Besides Sam's family and me, the only people there were a couple of law enforcement officers, Kim and her parents, and the eulogist. The officers were there so that Bryan could tell them what had happened to my mom and to finalize the transfer of my guardianship to them.

I was sitting on a bench between Sam and Kim, the shade of a maple tree making the temperature comfortable. Looking up, I saw Sophie and Bryan coming over to join us. We all sat under that tree, in a semi-circle with me in the center.

Kim started singing softly,

"You know I'd fall apart without you,"

"I don't know how you do what you do"

Sam picked up with her, surprising me with a melodious and soft voice,

" 'Cause everything that don't make sense about me,"

"Makes sense when I'm with you"

"Like everything that's green, boy, I need you,"

"But it's more than one and one makes two"

"Put aside the math and the logic,"

"You gotta know you're wanted too"

Sam's parents joined in, as did Kim's, and the park was filled with song,

" 'Cause I wanna wrap you up,"

"Wanna kiss your lips,"

"I wanna make you feel wanted"

"And I wanna call you mine,"

"Wanna hold your hand forever,"

"And never let you forget it"

"Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted"

"Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah,"

"And you get that all the time, I know you do"

"But your beauty's deeper than the make-up,"

"And I wanna show you what I see tonight"

"When I wrap you up,"

"When I kiss your lips,"

"I, I wanna make you feel wanted"

"And I wanna call you mine,"

"Wanna hold your hand forever,"

"And never let you forget it"

" 'Cause, baby, I, I wanna make you feel wanted"

Sam and his mother took over, their harmony astounding me,

"As good as you make me feel,"

"You make me feel better,"

"Better than your fairy tales,"

"Better than your best dreams,"

"You're more than everything I need"

The rest of the group joined in again briefly,

"You're all I ever wanted,"

"All I ever wanted"

Everyone then fell silent except for Sam,

"And I just wanna wrap you up,"

"Wanna kiss your lips,"

"I wanna make you feel wanted"

"And I wanna call you mine,"

"Wanna hold your hand forever,"

"And never let you forget it"

"Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted"

"Baby, I wanna make you feel wanted"

"You'll always be wanted"

I looked around at everyone around me and for the first time in my life I felt truly at home, with people who really loved me. I no longer had to be afraid of what my dad may say or do to me, or worry that I would be pushed away from them because I was gay.

"I love you, all of you, so much," I said, tears swimming in my eyes, but for the first time in a long time, they were because of happiness.

"We love you too Justin. And we will always be here for you, never doubt it." I looked around and got a chorus of nods from everyone there.

I love these people.

                                   «»  

A/N 

Me: *Squeals like a little girl at the cuteness*

Justin: "Do you hear a fangirl?"

Me: -_-

What did you think?

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

BUH-BYE!!!