12 - "Closer, Faster" By Midnight

A/N and Disclaimer

This whole chapter revolves around the song "Closer, Faster" by Against The Current. All rights got to them by the way ... I repeat, I did not write this song. However, there are some changes in the lyrics to fit this story. It doesn't play the whole time, there's more time that passes in the chapter than the length of the song. It just ... fits.

Look is Justin :D -->

                                   «»  

12 - "Closer, Faster" By Midnight

JUSTIN

Come 11:30, I was shaken awake by Sam. I groaned and rolled over, looking at the clock.

"Come on, sleepy head," he said, kissing me softly, "time to go down to the lake."

I kissed him and took his hand. He pulled me up and we changed into our swim trunks, quietly slipping downstairs. Sam's parents were fine with us going out, but we didn't want to disrupt their sleep.

It was midnight when we left, walking hand in hand toward the lake. When we heard music and laughter and saw firelight, we broke into a run. The beach was lit up with the light from the fire, the moon and the stars, and millions of fireflies. It was absolutely astounding.

'This is how life should be' I thought to myself.

When it gets dark we're falling far tonight

Under the moonlight chasing fireflies

Sam pulled me into the crowd of our friends. Someone turned the music up and I couldn't help but forget my shyness and begin to dance, holding Sam's hands and twisting to the beat.

If I'd ask you, "do you think you'd want to?"

Just say yes without feeling like you got to

I laughed when Sam spun me, twirling in the sand and falling against him. I looked up at him, smiling. His amazing green eyes seemed to glow with happiness and love. I kissed him and blushed, stepping back and grinning, gesturing that I would like to dance some more.

It's the way that you looked at me

Tonight

All of a sudden, glow sticks were falling into the crowd. I grabbed a few and cracked them, sticking them into Sam's pants. He started doing a crazy hip sway dance, arms above his head, making me laugh and blush. Then he took my hands again.

When the butterflies

They came to life

By your side

I shrieked when Sam grabbed my waist, lifting my up over his head and spinning, then putting my down again.

So won't you pull me closer, kiss me faster

Take me to you happily ever after

He pecked me on the end of my nose and I scrunched it up, pulling a face. He laughed and kissed me heatedly, leaving me breathless.

Boy don't make me wait forever

Oh-oh

"I love you." He whispered.

I smiled, "I love you too."

He grinned and pulled me to him and we started swaying in sync to the music.

You know we'd be so much better

If we could fall in love together

Pull me closer, kiss me faster