11 - An Obvious Choice

A/N 

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait again, but there have been some things going on in my life lately that I had to sort out. But I promise to update more often from now on. I know, I said that last time, but there you go XD. Here's the latest chapter. Sorry it's short, but the next one's longer, and I wanted to get an update in. 

Shoutouts: Whiteeskhomo ~ Thank you for the comment, it made me smile!

So without further adieu, here is chapter 11 - enjoy! :)

Pic to the right is of Sam --> 

                                   «»  

11 - An Obvious Choice

JUSTIN

"Sam! Stop!" I squeaked between giggles.

We had gotten into a playful argument about what we were going to watch and he was tickling me to get the remote. 

"Never!" he yelled, grinning evilly when I looked up at him.

Bryan came into view, leaning in the doorway to the kitchen and drinking a coke.

"You two are almost sickeningly cute." He chuckled, coming in and sitting in his chair.

"Fine, fine, we'll watch your stupid football game." I gasped in fake exasperation.

"Hahaha win!" Sam sat up, pulling me up with him and putting his arms around my waist.

I switched it to the football game and curled up against him. He kissed the top of my head before turning back to the TV.

Things were quite uneventful while the game was on. We just sat on the couch together, the quiet occasionally disrupted by a cheer from Sam or Bryan. At half time, Sophie came into the room.

"Justin, do you want to help me make lemonade for tomorrow?" she asked, seeming to sense my boredom.

"Sure!" I jumped up, kissed Sam, and followed her to the kitchen.  

I took the lemons out of the fridge and sat down across from Sophie, who cut them in half.

I took the halves and started drawing the juice out of them. It was hard work and took us until just before the game was over to juice them all. Then we added water, sugar, and mint and put the pitchers away to chill overnight.

I wiped the sweat off my brow and leaned against the counter, giving my arms a break.

Sophie smiled sweetly at me, "Thanks for the help Justin. That went much faster than it would have if I'd been doing it on my own."

"It's no trouble," I said, waving it off, "I'm happy to help."

She patted my cheek and went to clean up. I felt strong arms slid around my waist and sighed, leaning into Sam.

"Game over?" I asked.

"Yup," he said, kissing me.

I closed my eyes, content to just stand there in my boyfriend's arms. I felt safe, at peace, when I was around him.

"How did I get so lucky?" he asked no one in particular, lacing his fingers with mine.

"I could ask the same thing." I said with a happy sigh.

We stood for a while, both evidently lost in our own thoughts.

"Justin?" Sam broke the silence, turning to face me.

"Mmhm," I hummed in response.

"I've been thinking." I looked at him encouragingly before he went on, "I've known Luca ever since he was a baby and I've come to love him like a brother. Thing is, I always feel horrible for him because of his situation, having no actual parents and all."

He took a deep breath and resumed, "I came to a conclusion about a year ago. I – I want to adopt him."

I looked at him in silence for a minute, searching his face. I saw only determination and I smiled, making him sigh in relief.

"Would consider raising him with me?" he asked.

I was stunned. Sam – wanted me to raise Luca with him? It was a shock, but one that I was absolutely ecstatic about.

"M-Me?" I asked, terrified that this was all some dream, that my mind was playing a cruel joke on me.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He said, holding my gaze, his grass green eyes full of certainty.

I grinned broadly and he returned it.

"Of course! I'd love to!" I squeaked, jumping into his arms.

He laughed and spun me around, kissing me hotly. He set me down, our lips still connected until he had to pull away, leaving me breathless.

Sam told me that he was planning on it for graduation and I agreed.

Then he changed the subject, "The rest of the pack is having a party tonight by the lake, interested?" he asked, cocking a brow at me.

"Obviously," I said, grinning.

He chuckled and we notified his parents of our plans. Then we went up to his room to get some sleep so that we could enjoy it.  

                                   «»  

A/N 

Hope you loved it! Sorry again for the shortness. And again, shoutouts to all of those who comment! 

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Buh-bye!