14 - Unexpected Visitors

A/N

Hey, long time no see. Sorry about the long wait for an update, I was camping and had no wifi. Here's the next chapter! And look, I brought Katie back! See? See?! XD Just like I promised. Also, the POV's change a lot in this chapter. Sorry bout that, I just wanted to get as much information in here as possible, so bare with me.  Anywhore, enjoy the chapter!

Katie is to the right -->

                                    «»  

14 - Unexpected Visitors

JUSTIN

Sam and I rushed forward, helping Katie up and supporting her into the family room. We laid we down on the couch and Sam wrapped a blanket around her shivering form.

I sat beside her, placing a soothing hand on her arm as Sam looked on in concern.

"What happened?" I asked gently, trying to calm her down.

We shook her head and shuddered, pressing her lips tightly together. Sam knelt in front of her and brushed the hair out of her face. She looked so vulnerable ... so broken.

"Katie, we can help you," he soothed, "But you have to tell us what happened."

She shook her head again, then gave a shaky sigh.

I heard her say one word 'Rogues' and Sam's eyes widened.

"You're a wolf?" He asked, and for a moment I was confused, then I realized that Katie hadn't moved her lips.

She nodded and began speaking again through what Sam called the mind link, 'Yes, I am. My full name is Kate Lynn and I'm the daughter to the beta of the Silver Light pack. My father, Anthony, sent me to find you.'

She took a breath and continued, 'Yesterday, our pack was invaded by a huge group of rogue wolves. Our alpha was killed and we were overwhelmed. I barely escaped and when I did, I knew I had to find you, I knew you would be able to help me.'

Sam nodded, assuring her she was right and encouraging her to go on.

'So I left, but I got attacked while I was on my way and ... and I ... I ...' she trailed off and bit her lip, tears streaming from her eyes. Sam wiped her face, brushing the tears away.

'Go on,' he told her.

She drew a shuddering breath and continued out loud, her voice breaking, "I lead them right here."

Katie broke down crying again and I pulled her to me, leaning her head into my chest. I looked at Sam over her head, our eyes meeting. He didn't look worried or mad, just determined.

"I'm so sorry," she said, lifting her head and looking at Sam.

"Hey, it's ok," he assured her, "We'll get through it, together."

She looked up gratefully at him and thanked us.

                                   «»  

"Alright," Bryan said, nodding his head.

We had told him the problem and Katie recounted her story. He listened intently all the way through, a calculating look on his face.

"We need to come up with a plan," he continued, glancing at each of us.

Just then a loud snarl echoed from outside, shaking the windows. Bryan leapt up and held a finger to his lips, warning us to stay quiet. The sound came again, louder this time, and I cupped my hands over my ears, a feeling of intense pain suddenly filling my head.