16 - All The Dirty Secrets

“Are you sure you’re okay with this?”

I stared over from the passenger seat at Logan. “How many times are you going to ask me that?”

“Well,” he stuttered glancing over at me for a minute. “It’s just that I said you could plan this date and you’re doing what I suggested. I feel like I didn’t keep my promise. You can still back out if you want! We can turn around right now and I can take you out to any restaurant you want.”

I laughed. “Relax. I like the idea of just a nice quiet dinner at your place okay? You’re the one who offered you know so unless you’re the one backing out…?”

“I’m not!” Logan defended quickly. “Cat doesn’t know where I live so I can assure you that we won’t be interrupted.”

I rolled my eyes at the very mention of her name. It had been a week since the whole movie theater incident which technically marked our two week anniversary. Logan decided that as a makeup date, he would make dinner at his place.

“Are you absolutely positive this is what you want?”

This time I glared at Logan. “Ask me one more time and I will go back to being mad at you.”

“Fine,” Logan said with a sigh. “Then I promise you a great dinner with no distractions.”

“That’s a big promise,” I teased as we pulled up to his apartment building.

Logan shrugged and smirked as he got of the car. Before I could reach for the handle, my door opened for me and Logan gave a small bow.

“This way, madam.” He motioned toward the large building in front of us. I smiled at him as I exited his sports vehicle. I even gave a little curtsy in return.

“We are going to do this the right way!” Logan held out his arm for me to take hold of. I couldn’t stop the smile that spread over my face as he escorted me to his apartment.

Inside the somewhat familiar home, Logan let go and ushered me into his living room.  He ordered for me to get comfortable. He didn’t even wait for my butt to touch the couch before he scurried off toward his kitchen.

I shook my head with a small smile as I shrugged off my jacket. I threw it over the back of his white plush couch and bounced down onto it.

“You’re a cook now, are you?” I yelled loud enough for him to hear in the next room. There was an open doorway from the kitchen to the living room but I couldn’t really see much from my position on the couch.

“I dabble here and there,” he answered. “I’m not as much of a cook as I am a baker. You should taste my cookies.”

I laughed in Logan’s direction. “It’s good to know that you have a feminine side.”

Logan poked his head out from the kitchen doorway and playfully scowled at me. I noticed that he was wearing an apron and I actually threw my head back in laughter.

“You are taking this whole thing way too seriously.” 

He gave me a hurtful look as he stepped out of the room holding a frying pan. He put his free hand on his hip. I tried to stifle my laughter by biting my lip. “I want this to be perfect for you. You should have nothing to complain about today.”

I held up my hands in surrender. “Do your thing then.”

Logan resumed to his kitchen work while I relaxed on his couch. After a few minutes I began to feel bored. I decided to explore his house a bit. I walked into the hallway and started to inspect the pictures that lined the walls.