Chapter 14

You woke up to the alarming sound of someone calling your name. You opened your eyes revealing the position you were in. You were slung around Lawliet. Your head rested in the nape of his neck and you were hugging him. Your legs loosely laid wrapped around his waist.
The strong voice called out again,"Y/N!" This time you shot up seeing your angry father.
"Dad? What the heck? It's like-" you glanced at the clock beside you," 7:30! Why'd you wake me up?" You mumbled, rubbing your eyes.
"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I will be asking the questions! Why are you touching that boy? Why are you in the living room? Why is he hugging you? Why did your mother tell me you were kissing him last night?" He spit the words out as if they were poison.

"Dad he's my boyfriend! I slept in the living room because I was scared and needed comfort. We were kissing last night because again he's my boyfriend and that's what couples do," you answered. In any other situation mentioning kissing your boyfriend would be extremely embarrassing. But now you were frustrated so you didn't care.
"No! No more boys!" He demanded.
"Dad I'm 23 not 16 anymore can't I date? Most parents push their kids to get married and settle down. What is wrong with you?! Are you seriously being this irrational right now? I don't live under your roof anymore. That ended 5 years ago!" You hollered.
"No, no boys!" He repeated.
"Come on Dad he's done nothing for you to dislike him! You're just being a control freak," you defended.
"Oh, ya know I was going to speak up when you and that boy were kissing in the hospital but I held back!" He gestured to Lawliet.
"Dad he's my boyfriend! How many times must I say this?! You and mom were like this! What am I saying? You had 4 kids, you've gone farther than we have! And I did the math! Mom was pregnant with Lainey before you two got married! So was it a shotgun wedding?" you yelled. Your father flustered up after hearing that. (If you don't know what a shotgun wedding is it's when you get married because you got your girl pregnant.)
Lawliet's POV
Just pretend your asleep and don't move.
Y/N's POV
"Dad are you seriou-" you were cut of by a knock on the door. "Come in," you yelled," it's unlocked."
You walked to the door with a fake smile poorly slapped onto your face. Once you opened the door your fake smile turned into a real one.
"Rayne, Mira, Lennon, Greg!" You exclaimed, hugging them tight.
"Y/N!" They yelled, hugging you as well.
"Oh my God I haven't seen you guys in two years!" You smiled, inviting your sisters and Gregory in.
"First, are you okay? Sorry we couldn't come sooner we had trouble planning this trip. Where's Lizzie and Charlotte you three still living together and whose that boy down on the couch?" Rayne asked.
"Oh yeah they're still here, and still asleep. Oh, and I'm fine," you responded. Lizzie and Charlotte then came rushing down the hallway.
"Lennon! Mira! Rayne! Other guy who looks kinda familiar!" Lizzie hollered rushing to greet the visitors.
As your roommates, parents, sisters, and brother-in-law caught up you decided to wake up 'that boy' as your father would call him.
"Hey, we have visitors!" You whispered.
He rolled over to face you and responded with a simple," I know."
"Get up then!" You hurried pulling his hand.
"Hmmmm I mean, I guess I could," he laughed, standing up then pecking you on the cheek. You let out a giggle then pulled him to meet Greg and greet your sisters.
You lead him to the group of people huddled around your small dining room table.
"Everyone, this is L or Ryuzaki you probably remember him," you introduced. "He's my boyfriend," you emphasized the word boyfriend and shot a glare at your father. L gave a small wave and a short smile. My siblings glanced at each other before blurting out of sync," L as in Love?" This made your father sink down in his seat. They all rushed up for hugs.
Once you had all settled down and properly introduced yourselves you got up to make dinner. You stared at the empty pantry. You walked back to your unexpected party of people. "Well it turns out... We're out of food!" You exclaimed," I'll go run to the store, what should I make?"
You finished making the list. We had settled on spaghetti and meatballs. It took an irrational amount of time to conclude this. Of course Lennon was vegetarian and Mira was pescatarian.
"I'll come with you, I should be heading home soon," L offered. Of course you agreed because you hate being alone. Everybody said goodbye as we left to the store.
You had been thinking about what your father had said this morning. About-"Ready to go?" L asked snapping you into reality. You nodded buckling up.
After the trip to the market L dropped you off. You put your hand on the door handle. "Ryuzaki?" You asked.
"Yeah"
"Umm... I think I want to.. Take a break.