Chapter 27

Your POV
I woke up on my floor. I had kicked all my blankets off the bed, and I guess I fell on the floor during all that. I stood up, and I picked all my blankets off of the floor. I checked the clock on my nightstand; 7:37 am? I've overslept for two and a half hours! Crap! I scrambled to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then I washed my face, and ran to my closet. I quickly pieced together a workplace outfit. I grabbed a white shirt, black jeans, a nude blazer, and matching nude flats. I threw the outfit on and stumbled out of my room. I gave up on doing makeup, grabbed my purse and phone, and scurried out the door.
I rushed into the elevator, which luckily arrived at my floor quickly. I got to my car and was out in a flash. I took a glance in the mirror. My hair wasn't a total mess. I looked kind of sickly. I hope I'm not coming down with anything. I put on my sunglasses to cover my eyes for now. Once I got there I ran through the security system, (which required me to take my sunglasses off) and bolted into the office.
I immediately approached Mr.Yagami.
"I apologize for my tardiness. I had difficulty arriving here today due to traffic," I lied through my teeth.
"Ms. (L/N) could I speak with you in my office," he responded. He seemed angry.
I trailed close behind him.
We walked in, and he shut the door behind him.
"Y/N," he began," you're a great detective. Your smart. You've got a great mind, and you've been very helpful towards the Kira case."
Oh good he's not mad.
"But..." I spoke too soon.
"You have missed a lot of work. Many times you've come in late. And we've been very flexible with you, but I'm afraid I must put an end to it. If you'd like to keep your job you will have to step it up! You will come in everyday to work for an entire month excluding Sundays. You will not leave early or come in late. They only exception is if you are sick. If those unfortunate events occur then you will be here digitally. You will have logged on and be ready to work by 8:00 am. Are we clear?"
"Yes sir. I apologize for my immaturity and irresponsible," I responded.
He opened the door and let me out. I walked out with my head down, and I walked over to my desk.
"So what happened?" Lawliet asked.
"Life." I laid my head on my desk letting my (short/long/medium) length hair fall around me. Lawliet wrapped his arms around me. "Well I'm free from those handcuffs so that's a plus..." he trailed off.
Whenever I'm with him I always feel comfortable.
I slightly lifted up my head and looked up at him.
"I need to get work done," I mumbled, getting up completely.
We researched for the rest of the work day. At the end of the day we had a conference discussing everything we discovered. I yawned as I walked out of the conference room. Work is tiring. I stepped out into the icy November air. The cold tickled my nose and ears. I made my way to my car, getting in and driving home.
(•Time Skip to the apartment!•)
I dropped my bag on the bench, and I took off my flats replacing them with slippers. Charlotte slipped out of her room. She looked beautiful. Charlotte has a natural medium brown skin town and gorgeous soft black hair. She's half Filipino and half Chinese. She's adopted from China.
She was wearing a sweetheart cut strapless dress. It was wine colored and touched the floor. It was made from nice material, I'm sure she's been saving up for some time. She looked astonished. He hair was in a curly elegant updo. There were two prices left down to frame her face.
He ears and neck were decorated with jewelry. The earrings were gold. They were dangly ones. They started with wire triangles with many thin gold chains hanging off. Her necklace was a gold chain with a gem in the middle. The gem matched the same wine dress color.
She had light natural colored eyeshadow on . There was a little bit of gold eyeshadow on the end which really made her eyes sparkle. Her lipstick was a similar color to her dress, but it was less bold.
"You look gorgeous girl! Why are you so dressed up?" I asked her. Curious to know what she was primping for.
"Masao and I are going out. He said to dress nicely!" She squealed.
"Ooooh," I smiled. She nodded, smiling.
"He'll be here in 10 minutes, I can't wait!"
"What got you so excited?" I asked.
"I think he's going to propose!"
"Really?! That's great!" I pulled Charlotte into a hug, "where are you guys going?"
"He didn't tell me. He said it was a surprise! All he told me was to dress formally."
The was a knock at the door. Lizzie rushed out of nowhere," I'LL GET IT!!" She opened the door quickly. Masao stood there in a suit.
"Hey Lizzie. Is Charlotte here?" Lizzie nodded, running over to us. She pulled Charlotte to him. He stood up a bit taller when he say how nice she look.
"You look beautiful, as usual," he spoke.
"T-thank you. You too. Not beautiful b-but handsome..." she mumbled awkwardly. I guess she really is excited for tonight.
"Shall we?" He put out his arm to Charlotte.
"We shall," she linked her arm in his.
"Good luck!!! I yelled as the couple walked out of the apartment.
"So," I turned to Lizzie," what do you think of Masao?"
"I don't know. We don't spend much time together. But Charlotte seems to be really into him. They go out a lot, but they were really dressed up tonight. I don't know him very well. I think he's nice. The only thing I know it he's a doctor and he's one year older than her. He seems a bit under-expressive. If he does propose I give them my blessing."
"Me too," I replied with a short answer compared to her long schpeel.
(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵) 3hours later(˃̵ᴗ˂̵๑)
I applied the rest of the face mask leaving my skin a cucumber green. I looked over at Lizzie and smiled at her green hue. We decided to have a mini spa night.
"So when do you think your boyfriend will propose?" I asked Lizzie.
"I don't know. Hopefully soon, we've been together for 3 years. What about you and L?"
"Oh," I immediately tensed up. Marriage? Probably not soon... "When we're both 100% serious. Focused on our relationship completely. Maybe after the Kira case. When we're stress free. Oh a wedding. My wedding. Our wedding!! Lawliet dipping me into kiss. Meeting his friends from Wammy's. I wonder if his successors will come. Our honeymoon would be beautiful! The beach, the mountains, New York? It doesn't matter as long as I'm with him. Maybe on our honeymoon I could fully give myself to him. Let him have me, and I would have him. Oh and we could have the prettiest children. In their school uniforms. A precious child of my own. I could make them cute clothes! Holding the person I made in my arms! Hmm... I just created an imaginary family. That's kind of weird.
"Sorry, what were we talking about, I kinda zoned out...."
"Oh Y/N, you're impossible." As if on cue, Charlotte rushed in squealing.
"He proposed!!!" She showed off her engagement ring. It had a silver band with a diamond in the middle. There was a chain of smaller dark blue jewels on either side of the diamond.
"The ring... IT'S GORGEOUS!! OH CONGRATULATIONS CHARLOTTE!" I gave her a hug, and Lizzie joined in too.
"Go change into something more casual, we're doing facials as you can see," Lizzie said. Charlotte dance down the hall toward her room.
"She's beaming!" I laughed.
"She sure is," Lizzie agreed.
"Insanely stupidly in love, she looks like a dork. She's so excited," I smiled," Is that what I look like when I'm with Lawliet?"
"Yeah, but it's worse," Lizzie giggled.
"No way!" I denied.
"Totally," She grinned. "Oh Lawliet you're so handsome. I'm swooning over your perfection. Love me!!" She attempted to impersonate me.
"You're crazy. I'm nothing like that!"
"Yeah. You guys are always so corny. Saying I love you in French and kissing up against each other outside the apartment. You guys are still in the honeymoon stage. When you significant other doesn't have a single flaw."
"Whatever..." she was right.

Finally posted a chapter. Now you know I'm not dead. Good job author-chan it only took you two months. I have a reasonable excuse this time. I was in the school musical which means for the month before opening night you don't get to be home till 9:00pm. But opening nights was November 10th WTF AUTHOR-CHAN WHY ARE YOU LYING?! Well I'll tell you what happened. Black butler happened. Freaking HANNAH CAN DIE! But I finished that show and all the OVA's in one week. WTF AUTHOR-CHAN WHY ARE YOU LYING?! Well Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir happened. But I finished that too so WTF AUTHOR-CHAN WHY ARE YOU LYING?! Well my friends YURI!!! ON ICE! HOLY FREAKING CRAPOLA!!! Episode 7 and episode 10 are just screwing with me. But I managed to get a chapter out. But Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday are midterms so HARDCORE STUDY SESSIONS! I'm not taking no remedial winter classes. Im outta here. So I have to be smart to be good at life. Okay if anyone still keeps up with this book sorry it took me so long.