Chapter 17

Lawliet's POV
Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep! SLEEP!! SLEEEEP!!!!!!! SLEEE- I can't sleep! I can never sleep, but now I'm really bugged by that! Maybe it's because Y/N told me to. I still have feelings for her, and she still has feelings for me. Then why'd she cut it off? Well... I guess that we were moving a little fast, and this Kira case is time consuming. I just can't stand it. She's single, and now anyone one can swoop her away. Anyone includes Light Yagami. She's heartbroken, she's vulnerable, she needs a shoulder to lean on. It's over, she's gone. I've got to win her back, but how? Hmmmmm... SLEEP! STOP THINKING! SLEEEEEEP!
Y/N POV
You two danced under the dim lighting. You were not sure how you had gotten this dress or gotten here. It wasn't right, who were you dancing with? Light?! You pushed him away. Now you both were falling into an endless wormhole. It was all black except for you and Light. You fell onto a hard tile floor, yet felt no pain. Light was gone now it was you and L. There was another girl. Who looked to be Misa. She took Lawliet's hand, and she spun her which left her in that dip position. He leaned down to kiss her. No no no no. You were soon angered. "De-ryb-hedredune," you tried to make out words, but you could only scream gibberish. Misa gave you a smirk as he pulled in closer. You grabbed what ever was behind you and threw it towards Misa. It went through her, and she turned to dust. It hit Lawliet right in the face. It was a pineapple. You heard L shriek in pain. Blood streamed down his face. You started to panic as you ran to get some sort of bandage. It was no use you were stuck in an abyss of darkness. You heard a voice laughing. "Light, again? I can't see," you called out.
"Well of course, it would be a dark place without Light, hahahahaha!" He exclaimed. You kicked into the empty air. Furious with Light for some unknown reason. "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" You shrieked a blood curdling shriek. Lawliet fell down covered in blood from the pineapple.
"You okay?" A distant voice asked.
"What?" You muttered confused. You opened your eyes. "Ryuzaki? THANK GOD!" You exclaimed. "I thought you were...I thought I had...Sundiplaque... donenklabababableeeno...with...and then donlashela?" you tried to explain everything at once.
"Ummm," he said confused.
"It was a dream obviously, but I thought I killed you when I threw a pineapple at Misa. You were behind her though, then she dissolved. Then it hit you and you bled to death," you explained.
"Right, well, we better head to work," he said.
"Yeah, uh... see you there," you said as you got up, and started walking to your room.
So should I acknowledge the cuddling time or was that just a friendly thing. Hmm. You gave up on getting ready, so you just threw on a thick striped black and off white shirt, jeans, and a blue scarf. No makeup today. I'll pass on attempting to make my eyeliner symmetrical.
You grabbed your keys and headed out the door.
Lawliet's POV
"No," I denied.
"No," he denied.
"Yes, you will spend every waking hour handcuffed to each other until there is evidence of you being innocent or guilty," Yagami's voice faded away on the last word.
"Fine," I gave up as they hand cuffed us together. Light started walking towards his chair but I pulled the other way.
"What are you doing!" I exclaimed frustrated.
"Going to my seat," He fought back.
"It was rhetorical!" I explained,"Ignoramus!"
"Dimwit!" He yelled back.
"Imbecile!" I started yelling too.
"Blockhead!" I insulted with more force.
"Idiotic-," I started but got cut off.
"I'm here, sorry I'm late. Traffic was horrible!" She excused. I could tell she stopped for bagels on the way back. It's quite obvious, the bagel crumbs on her pants. She noticed me staring at her jeans, and she brushed off the crumbs.
Y/N POV
You tried to sit in your seat, but it was taken by Light. They were handcuffed? You noticed them tugging on the handcuff back and forth. They were also whispering insults to each other.
"Dork!"
"Tomfool!"
"Freak!"
"Pinhead!"
You cleared you throat, and they both whipped their heads back.
"I'd rather not talk about it," Lawliet said.
You decided to sit in the open chair next to Lawliet.
~Time Skip~
Misa approached you," hey, I know we've had our differences in the past, but I was hoping we could maybe go on a double date sometime?"
"Umm uh sure. I'm sorry too. But that whole experience made me open up my eyes and see the world in a new light," you reluctantly agreed.
Crap!

⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️
Finally uploaded. Sorry that took forever!