Chapter 29

^^^^two sad songs I like^^^^
I apologize friends. I haven't uploaded in 7 trillion Christmases. That's a lot of Christmases that were left unuploaded. From what I just wrote you can tell I'm not normal. Also hehe. I know I'm an asshole for having "Engaged?!" as the title of the last chapter. You'll never be the one getting wedded!!! Or maybe you will ^_−☆. So I have two parts in two plays which is a lot of lines. So I've been dying these past few months.(EDITOR'S NOTE: just cause she has two roles doesn't mean anything. Her main focus is Attack on Titan.) But that's okay! My editor @nataliechav swooped in like a magical fairy God mother. Sorry I meant magical fairy Shinigami mother. (EDITOR'S NOTE: I am not a God of Death, I AM DEATH) And she offered to write this chapter. And I know what you're thinking. WOW AUTHOR-CHAN! You're so irresponsible! Well you know what! You're the irresponsible one! You're reading a seven year olds Death Note fanfiction instead of doing that math homework you have! (EDITOR'S NOTE: Neither one of us is seven. I mean not physically. If we're talking about maturity levels then we're definitely both seven.) Anyways enjoy this chapter! ;)
Y/N POV
I woke up on the couch. Lizzie was on the floor and Charlotte was awake sitting on the couch. She was on her phone. We got a little drunk off champagne last night. We were all really excited over the engagement.
"Uh," I groaned," what time is it?"
"Umm...7:17," she replied.
"I'm an idiot." I unwilling inched off the couch," I have to go to work." She waved me off clearly more invested in her Instagram feed than my job. I'm sure she was being enveloped in engagement congratulations.
I jumped in the bathroom for a five minute shower followed by brushing me teeth. I quickly dressed myself, and I applied moisturizer and other products to complete my morning routine. (Whatever your morning routine may be.) I stepped out of my room at 7:43. Ugh three minutes behind schedule. I grabbed my bag and rushed out the door, muttering a goodbye to Charlotte.
I booked it to the train station barely making it on time for the train. (EDITOR'S NOTE: so hello I'm editor-chan we've met before. I'm too lazy to check if you ride the train or drive a car. Since this is Japan I'm just going to assume it's the train. If I'm wrong than clearly Author-Chan hasn't done enough research) I stepped off the crowded train. People surrounded me as I navigated my way through the mob. I walked off of the train station steps and arrived at the office building. I glanced at the time. 7:58, barely made it. I voiced out my "good mornings" and took a seat at my desk. (So the last chapter announced that L and Light were no longer handcuffed. This means that super intense helicopter scene where they killed Kira, you know what I talking about, already happened. Author-Chan just didn't mention because Author-Chan is slightly... simple minded. So now we're on the same page!)
Time skipparoooo~ About an hour ago Lawliet disappeared. Light just went to search for him. They came back about 10 minutes later, absolutely drenched in water. I assumed they had been outside since it was raining. Lawliet went back to his chair to continue working. An hour passes as we continue to work. Then everything broke into havoc. All the data was erased, as it was clearly shown on all the monitors.
*insert the line Lawliet said about Watari being dead here. Something about data being erased.* Watari was gone... Watari was gone forever. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I didn't even try to conceal them. Everything happened too quickly for me to comprehend. Lawliet fell to the floor...
...
...
I could only hear my pulsing heartbeat. All other sound had been blocked out.
One Beat.
I couldn't handle it. I screamed. I ran to his body. Light trailing closely behind me. His pale skin looking colder than ever before.
Two Beats.
The life slowly draining out of his eyes.
"No. No. NO NO NO! STOP IT! Wake up. You're not allowed to leave me! RYUZAKI! I'M NOT READY FOR YOU TO GO. YOU'VE HAD YOU'RE FUN NOW STAND UP. GET UP. You're joking...please. No! It's not funny get up now!! You're not allowed to leave me," My screams faded to a whisper.
Three Beats.
I grabbed his hand, and I placed it on my heart.
Four Beats.
My breath was heavy while his breathing was coming to a stop.
Five Beats.
My last helpless plead was barely audible, only for Lawliet's ears, "Je n'ai pas de mots, sauf que je vous aime."
Six Beats.
The walls of my brain slowly crumbled. My energy was diminished. I felt like I had nothing left.
Seven beats.
He smiled, almost looking peaceful. As his eyes shut the grip from his hand released. My breath hitched.
I couldn't hear my heart anymore. I wasn't sure if I even had a heart without him. His final breath drained out all the hope I had left in me.
"No, no..." Tears kept pouring down. Denial. My entire body shook. Gravity's violent song called to me, making my head fall onto his chest. I bit my lip, and my hands grasped Lawliet's loose shirt. I wasn't sure what to do with myself. My broken sobs were all anyone in the room could hear. I ran my fingers through his hair as my tears stained his white shirt. While I laid beside him, the memories of our relationship flashed through my head. How could he leave me now? It's not his fault, it's no one's fault. No. It's Kira's fault.
I stopped all my motion. I was consumed in a pit of thousands of emotions. A vibrating numb moved through my body, paralyzing me.
My entire body became heavy. It was a challenge on it's own to lift my head up. I looked up seeing the task force staring sorrowfully at me. Their pity was stabbing into me. I was too terrified to make eye contact with anyone because I'm sure if I did more tears would pile on.
I tried to control the thoughts that consumed my mind, but I had no power. I was angry at my emotions simply because they existed. Angry that I was showing a weak side in front of my team. I was nothing compared to Lawliet. He had so much potential. He was able to tolerate knowing that Watari was gone. He didn't sit on the floor cradling a corpse till his arms were sore, like I am doing right now.
I dropped my head in shame. I was painfully scared to look at them.
All I could do was sob. I laid my head on his heart. His body lie, still warm, on the tiled flooring. I wrapped my arm around his fragile frame. My other hand took his and traced every line of his palm.
"I don't want to let go of you again. I don't want to forget what we had. I will find Kira, I'll do it for you."I laced my fingers with his. I didn't ever want to leave him. My words turned into more crying. My coworkers watched as I broke down in front of them.
Seconds passed. Men in all black took him. They took him away. Away. I don't know if I'd ever be able to see him again. But I didn't stop them. There's nothing I'd be able to do, but cry. And so I did. I let them tear away my other half. There was no way for me to say goodbye. I wasn't sure how long I had sat there. Time just passed. I'm sure no one knew what to say, so they just left me sit there. I blinked a few times then looked down at my hands. They had finally stopped shaking and were somehow still connected to my shoulders. I wiped the stray tears off my cheeks and slowly stood up. I made my way to my desk, careful not to topple over. I was physically drained.
I saw a note left on my desk. I gripped the note once I saw it was signed by Lawliet. I still couldn't look at it. I let my head fall to the wooden surface. I couldn't move. I wouldn't move. Every part of my body was too heavy to lift. I felt the eyes of my colleagues stick to me. There was an uncomfortable silence bubbling around us. The only noise was a quiet whimper or a hiccup in my breath every couple seconds. I glued my eyes to my desktop screen. Kira will die. I will annihilate them. They will regret everything. I will stop at nothing. They took away my love now I will take away their heart.
I carefully lifted my head from my desk. No one in the workplace was very close to me. I wouldn't call any one of them my friends. I could tell they felt the same. Sure we were friendly, but we weren't friends. They were all too nervous to talk to me.
I heard footsteps clack behind me. Tears hadn't stopped coming from my eyes. My vision was blurred.
"You'll be okay. You can do this. I've lost people before, I know what it feels like. It's painful, but you're strong (Y/N)," the feminine voice cooed. The person put their hand on my shoulder. I glance back to see Misa. She looked sorrowful.
My eyes met with her's. My lips trembled, trying to spit something out. I was incapable of forming words.
I squeezed my hands into fists, still holding Lawliet's note in my left hand. We had fallen back into silence again. Suddenly I sprung up and hugged her. I didn't care how little I know Misa, I just needed a warm embrace from someone who cared.
"T-thank you, Misa. So so much," I breathed into her ear. She soothingly rubbed my back as my head fell on her's. I stayed like that, for too long to be considered a normal hug.
Once I let go Mr. Yagami spoke. "You may take an absence from work. I under-"
I cut him off," No. I will find Kira." The tears finally stopped appearing.
I sat at that desk getting little work done for the time I was there. I just wasn't able to focus. I stayed hours overtime. Everyone had already left. I has decided it was time for me to go.
I kept his note clenched in my hand the whole time. Taking a deep breath, I opened the note. It was written on large white sticky note. I unfolded the note and flattened it out a bit.
"I will see you in four months, Y/N. I apologize for leaving so abruptly. Je t'aime."
I just stared at the note. What is he talking about. I can only wish Lawliet. I can only wish to see you again. I cried again. For about ten minutes, alone. I began to pack up. This doesn't make sense. He's the genius. He's the one who's supposed to solve puzzles.
I trudged out the office and checked the time; 10:14. I slowly made my way to the train station, stumbling every few steps. Once arriving at the station at 10:28, I still had seventeen more minutes of waiting.
A guy approached me. He nodded toward me. I saw him. I ignored him.
"Hey."
I didn't respond.
"What would it take for me to make you mine?" He asked sweetly. This guy was clearly nice. He was hitting on me, sure, but on a normal day I'd let him down easy. Today wasn't normal though.
"You would have to find Kira," I finally answered after sitting in moments of silence.
He paused for a moment to think of something witty," I think you might be Kira because when I saw you I had a heart attack."
"I'm being 100% serious right. I don't find your remarks amusing in the slightest bit," I replied.
"Oh come on lighten up at bit."
"I can't."
"Why not?"
"Because," I paused tears welling up in my eyes again. I struggled forming a sentence," It's been a long day." Tears poured down my cheeks. I was unable to stop myself.
He glanced at me, and he didn't say anything after that. He just awkward walked away. I curled my knees into my chest and waited for the train.